How Epidiah decided range to target in Dungeon Crawl Classics

Started by lumpley, November 10, 2013, 07:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpley

It addresses both the "objective" idea and the "persuasion" idea.

-Vincent

Callan S.

I'm sure my pedantism will annoy some, but does 'addresses' means 'resolves'? To me it sounds like that. I've run into plenty of posts from various people over time that just wanted to present a conclusion and not enter into questions. In such cases, to question the conclusion is to just cause aggitation. From my own view, I ask a fair and polite question, when asking about this.

If not resolving, in regards to the AP, one question to consider is that if no one had said 'can we get hold of the pack?' would the GM have still said 'if you get close enough to be attacked, you can get the pack back!'. Further, did the option to get close enough to take the pack pre-exist the question of could they get the pack? Because if it didn't pre-exist, it's clear that the question begat the option. It shows that even just simple questions will potentially prompt options to exist*. We could give that alot of names - but to me and probably Moreno, persuasion seems one viable name.

* Fiction wise, this is rather a reverse causality. The capacity to 'do' something comes after the idea of doing it has occured.

Ron Edwards

Enough. This thread's purpose is done unless, Vincent, you want it to develop in some way which you can tell us.

As for the topics which seem to 'jack every thread lately, everyone has made their points and I am utterly done with poking at the state-of-the-art of it. The poking just rearranges the pieces in play, and I've seen all the pieces, and everywhere they can go.