News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

No Media Kings

Started by Jared A. Sorensen, December 12, 2001, 03:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared A. Sorensen

http://www.nomediakings.com

This is Jim Munroe's site. He wrote a book a liked (Angry Young Spaceman) and a book I really loved (Flyboy Action Figure Comes with Gasmask). Anyway, it's all about DIY book publishing and stuff. Check it out...and perhaps a link in the Self-Publishing section would be good?
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

joshua neff

Jared--

Great site, thanks! I'm going to put up a link on my website. And read Flyboy (which we have at my library).

[ This Message was edited by: joshua neff on 2001-12-12 10:22 ]
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Jared A. Sorensen

Jim just sent me this advert for a movie about RPG's.

http://nomediakings.org/20.gif

Nice.

hardcoremoose

When does it come out on DVD?  :smile:

joshua neff

I got an email from Jim today (I'd emailed him to tell him how much I liked Flyboy) & he said he liked the Forge. Pretty cool.
--josh

Jared A. Sorensen

Damn, wasn't that a great book? I'd love to capture that kind of mood and spirit in a game session. Almost whimsical superhero fantasy grounded in harsh reality.

Or something.

Darn it, it was fun.

joshua neff

Oh man, yeah. The way everything, from sex to superpowers to cancer to insecurity, was handled with absolute mundanity, as if "all of this happens everyday". Which most of it does. It was just so (& I usually hate this word) real.
--josh

Paul Czege

I haven't read it, but from your description it reminds me of a book I liked quite a bit when I read it back in high school, working as a student assistant in the school library, The Kryptonite Kid, by Joseph Torchia. Have you read it?

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans