News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Top 5 RPGs by Ron Edwards

Started by Ian O'Rourke, December 16, 2001, 12:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian O'Rourke

Ron's entry into the Top 5 RPG's series has been submitted to Fandomlife.net. A different approach is taken again. The article can be found at http://www.fandomlife.net.

On a side note, if anyone has any problems with this article in a browser other than IE can they give me a shout. I'm trying to cut my preparation time down (the number of steps basically) without cutting out a major browser (Netscape specifically).

[ This Message was edited by: Ian O'Rourke on 2001-12-16 12:53 ]
Ian O'Rourke
www.fandomlife.net
The e-zine of SciFi media and Fandom Culture.

hardcoremoose

Good article.

It seems like the advent of the hobby coincided perfectly with Ron's generation, and that makes Ron's approach to the column interesting, at least in my mind.  Not only did this person grow up with rpgs, but they grew up with him.  That's pretty cool.

On a side note, I have to say that The Whispering Vault is possibly my all-time favorite rpg.  When I first discovered it, I was absolutely blown away by the freedom the players had, and the way in which the structured game play seemed to actually free up the GM's imagination, rather than limit it.  But I'm not sure I ever made the connections with it that Ron did, and not surprisingly, my players didn't either (which is not to say they didn't like the gane - many did, in the same way anyone might like a dark quasi-superhero game).  That game has sat on my shelf a long time...maybe it's time to pull it out again.

- Scott

hardcoremoose

Whoops, double posted.  Oh well, I'll take this opportunity to let Ian know that the WYRD link wasn't working when I read the article.

[ This Message was edited by: hardcoremoose on 2001-12-16 13:39 ]

Ian O'Rourke

On 2001-12-16 13:37, hardcoremoose wrote:
Whoops, double posted.  Oh well, I'll take this opportunity to let Ian know that the WYRD link wasn't working when I read the article.

Checking, pretty sure it was the direct link you gave me on a previous forum though.

It's now fixed!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Ian O'Rourke on 2001-12-16 13:46 ]
Ian O'Rourke
www.fandomlife.net
The e-zine of SciFi media and Fandom Culture.