News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A character

Started by Lance D. Allen, March 20, 2004, 06:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance D. Allen

Bored, I decided to make a character that I'd theorized around the time that I met Jake in Utah. Character is below. (btw.. found an easter egg entirely by accident.. I still don't see the boat, tho'..)

Name: Tuin Dahala
Philosophy: To know yourself is to know your enemy; to know your enemy is to know yourself
Race: Gifted Human
Nationality: Savari
Height: 6'5" (used elf base height, since the Savari are supposed to be tall)
Weight: 205lbs
Eyes: dark brown
Hair: black (shaven)
Skin: ebony
Faith: Savari spirit-worship
Personality: Friendly, but unconsciously uncouth. Highly curious, tends to get into situations a wiser, more moderate man would avoid
-Attributes-
ST: 4     WP: 4
AG: 4     Wit: 6
TO: 4     MA: 3
EN: 3     Soc: 2
HT: 4     Per: 5

Ref: 5      Kaa: 6
Aim: 4     Form: 5
Move: 5   Art: 3
KD: 4      Disc: 3
KO: 6      Draw: 4
Sorcery Pool: 11

-SAs-
Drive: To Learn - 2
Passion: Hatred of Slavers - 2
Passion: Loyalty to (rescuer) - 0
Conscience - 1
Luck - 2

Gift: Linguist
Flaw: Dependence on Gestures, Major
Flaw: Bad Temper

-Vagaries-
Conquer: 1
Vision: 1
Summoning: 1
Banishment: 1
Imprisonment: 1

-Proficiencies-
Polearms: 8
Spear/Javelin: 6

-Skills-
Warrior, Tribe: 8
Ritualist: 8
Free Language: Xanarian
Free Skill: Tracking
Free Skill: Herbalism
MA Skills: Spearcraft, Demon Lore, lowered Ritual Magic

Equipment: None

Backstory: Tuin was a tribal shaman's apprentice in Savari, as well as being one of the tribe's warriors. He was part of a war band sent to drive strange light-skinned intruders, possibly spirits, off the coastline of the tribe's territories, but his banishing magic had no effect on the intruders, and their metal armor and weapons, not to mention the warrior's superstitious fear, allowed the intruders to slaughter most of the war band, and take several hostage. Tuin was sold to slave owners in Xanar, and for a time was used in small-scale gladiatorial events. Recently he attacked his guards, and managed to flee captivity, but he was wounded severely, and nearly died in the strange wilds of Mainlund. He was rescued by (name), and taken care of, so he has decided, possibly to the discomfort of his rescuer, that they are now brothers of spirit.
He is a sorcerer, but his training is primarily ritual, and he is currently ignorant of the greater capabilities of magic. He was only initiated into the arts dealing directly with spirits and minor demons, and is unaware that he is able to cast magic without ritual, or that his spells can directly affect mortal men. His "brother" knows that Tuin is an apprentice shaman, but likely does not believe in magic, or at least doesn't know that Tuin is truly Gifted.

Notes: I had a major flaw and a minor gift, in addition to minor dependency on gestures. You'll notice that I upgraded that minor dependency to a major, and bought a minor flaw as well.
Additionally, I removed the surgery skill, finding it inappropriate for the character, and instead lowered his first aid by one.

Now for questions: I noticed while going through the book that there are no sample spells involving demons. What would be the "target" value of a demon? I'm somehow thinking that "animal" doesn't really cover it..

Also, am I the only one who finds the additional costs to summon a minor demon, yet not control it, a bit.. steep? I would think that the additional cost would only apply to actually getting the demon to do what you wanted, rather than simply summoning it. Same deal with spirits. I understand that demons are powerful otherworldly entities.. But with Movement3 I can technically destroy the world, yet with Summoning 3, I may simply summon a demon which WILL sap my lifeforce (SAs) away, and then tell me to go to hell (or worse yet, take me there) when I make some sort of request. Attempting to Conquer a demon isn't an easy task either, with WPs ranging from 9 to 12, as listed in the book.

Funny thing.. I actually designed a demon-summoning spell for OBaM, but never seemed to notice these points at all.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

bergh

greta character, would hop my players would make such interresting character
Kind regards....

-Brian Bergh
brianbbj@hotmail.com
TRoS .pdf files: http://fflr.dk/tabletop/TROS/