News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Soap?

Started by Eric, December 19, 2001, 01:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

My apologies if I'm missing the blindingly obvious, but I ran across this from Ron in the Art Deco posts:

>> Funny, my very next point was to suggest some interconnection among your characters that permitted positive interactions. Soap really taught me a lesson about this and now I wish I'd included similar concepts in the Sorcerer rules. >>

Soap?  The TV sitcom from so long ago?

-- Eric, confused as usual

Ron Edwards

Oh my.

Eric, Soap is an extremely avant-garde and rousingly fun RPG by Ferry Bazelman, available free at his http://www.crayne.nl/soap.html">Blacklight Bar. See also my review here at the Forge. It has more-or-less been adopted as the "Play this before you sound off about role-playing" device 'round these parts.

If you haven't done so already, click on the Game Library up top and just hit Search without filling in any fields. From there, check out Soap, InSpectres, The Pool (you might have to get the link from the Random Order Creations forum), and Dead Meat.

Certain well-known companies pride themselves on their innovations in role-playing design. In my opinion, these games have already broken ground that these companies never dreamed of.

Best,
Ron

Eric

On 2001-12-19 13:32, Ron Edwards wrote:
Oh my.
"Play this before you sound off about role-playing" device 'round these parts.

Will do.  And I'll be careful sounding off about role-playing until I've got them read.  

-- Eric, who was pretty sure it wasn't the TV show . . .