News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

TROS Gladiators

Started by daagon, March 23, 2004, 07:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daagon

TROS: Gladiators!? Ooooo...  tell me more!!!!! (please?)

Lance D. Allen

A very long-run project, but, if my internet decides to behave, I should have a rough draft of the write-up available within a week.. this will go to my collaborators, then Jake.. and once they've all had a looksie, I'll be willing to share more of it here.

To tide you over, however.. Do a search for TRoS: Gladiators. The posts are quite old by now, but the core of the project is there.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

ZenDog

Had a quick look and sounds good Wolfen. Is it still going ahead as a battle rather than roleplaying game or will it be more like a supp on Gladiators for TRoS and did you decide on Weyrth or the various (I believe towards the end of the empire there were eight) types of roman Gladiators

Lance D. Allen

The current plan is to do the "core" of it as a non-RPG standalone (which uses TRoS combat rules, obviously) with resource management etc. However, it should easily be used as an add-on supplement to such games as wish to use it.

Current plans are to use the Weyrth default, as that entails less research and nitpicking (though Mike Holmes did do some research on the different types of gladiators, so that will probably go in there for those who want Roman stuff).

Um.. Hey, Jake or Brian? I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Would one of you mind splitting it off for me?
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing

Lance D. Allen

Heh. Well, last week was a bad time to make such claims. This week's not looking good either. School's been kicking my ace.. But once I get some breathing room, I'll definitely be getting on Gladiators.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing

Muggins

Don't you love it when the 'Real World' interferes?

Actually, the treatment I intend sending to Jake (poor man, doesn't know what will hit him...) has been sidetracked by a very good cause- I am going to the HEMAC (Historical European Martial Arts Community) conference in Dijon, France, next weekend!

Magic and strange creatures can wait till later....

James