News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Username Troubles

Started by Prothall81, April 14, 2004, 04:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prothall81

Hello there; when I tried to register for the Forge previously, I had a little trouble with the registration email; that account has remained inactive to this day, and I'd like to have the username I wanted - namely, this one, less the "81". I would have had another email sent to my registration address (prothallATNOSPAMinboxDOTNOSPAMnet [obviously, remove the nospam and substitute the @ and .]).  Is there a simple way I can get my desired username with my usual email?

Shreyas Sampat

Generally it's a good idea to email Clinton about such issues.

Prothall81

Well, I had previously, but I think contact was lost or something... My main email service can be rather strange sometimes, and I thought it better to go ahead and see what could be done about this here, since this also gives me an account if Clinton is (very legitimately) otherwise occupied.

Steve Samson

Just FTI, you can send anyone on the Forge a private message rather than posting. Just click the Memberlist link at the top of the page and then click Private Message next to Clinton's name (he is first in the listing). I had a similar issue when I first joined the Forge and Clinton was able to straighten it out for me once I contacted him.

Hope that helps.

Steve