News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Quiet around here

Started by ScottM, March 30, 2004, 02:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottM

Are people out playtesting this puppy, or mostly waiting for the revision?  Do you want to release the DiTV rewrites in chunks, or are you trying to finish it all up (with lots of back and forth design)?

From here, it looks like the design has gone on hold... which I'm hoping means that the monkeys have been harnessed to their typewriters and you're so busy moving forward that you haven't looked up.  Of course, the monkeys may have kidnapped you instead.

Looking forward to the next step,
Scott
Hey, I'm Scott Martin. I sometimes scribble over on my blog, llamafodder. Some good threads are here: RPG styles.

Emily Care

Quote from: ScottMI'm hoping means that the monkeys have been harnessed to their typewriters

That's what that clatter was!@ I can attest to the monkeys being firmly strapped on to the typewriter. Poor things. Vincent, you're lucky I haven't called the ASPCA.

Hey, wait a minute, forget the monkeys I should call about the puppies!

--Em
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

lumpley

It's my natural work pattern: all fired up & working like a fiend -> can't stand to even think about the project -> all fired up & working like a fiend -> can't stand to even think about it.

I don't expect to do much more design work.  From here, barring some startling play results, it's all writing.

I have a couple of chapters in full draft form, pending a search-and-replace on the stupid name of stupid Salt Lake City, and another chapter half-written.  It's turned out to be an undertaking, though, because I'm trying to write the game to an audience of: adults who've never roleplayed.  (I've been fighting with myself about whether that's the right audience to write for, and I can't seem to win.  I go around and around and always land back on: yes.)

So... Want a solid draft chapter?  In .rtf form?
http://www.septemberquestion.org/lumpley/pdfs/conflict.rtf

What I need to know, I guess, is: is the writing clear?  Can you follow what I'm saying?  Do I need to emphasize more strongly that Raise=action and See=reaction?

What I don't need, for now, is: am I writing to the correct audience?  I have competing opinions enough about that all on my own.

-Vincent

Joshua A.C. Newman

SLC =:

City of Life
Root
Rebirth
Resurrection

Nodemonville?
the glyphpress's games are Shock: Social Science Fiction and Under the Bed.

I design books like Dogs in the Vineyard and The Mountain Witch.