News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

New games for you

Started by New Dimension Games, March 25, 2004, 05:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

This thread is now closed, folks. I'm surprised that you didn't take the cue from the New Dimension Games post acknowledging the error. That should be your signal to desist, or it would be if the Forge community operated as it should.

No more posting here, please.

Best,
Ron

New Dimension Games

Thanks to Rafial and Feng for their support.  I'm glad you like the variant Critical Hit (and Miss) tables and the 'slow death' rules.  You summed up what they're designed for perfectly.  With all due respect to RaconteurX, I would like to point out that the sample pages on our website are to show rules that break convention, rather than covering redundant, common rules among RPGs (those with 56K or less wouldn't want to spend time downloading rules they already know or would make up on their own anyway).  I believe what RaconteurX is looking for is a "Quickstart" package, and we are indeed working on one right now.  On that note, how many pages does anyone out there at The Forge prefer for a quickstart for an indie-game?  Back to R-X for a moment, in defense of our product, we actually studied pirates intensely, and pay little attention to cinema.  Pirate movies are usually bad and inaccurate.  In this case, the cart is before the horse, it seems--it was our long interest and study of historical piracy that led to the desire to make a game about it.  Back to Rafial and Feng, would you like to see more variant tables, for critical attacks, setting, or anything else?  Perhaps critical hit and miss tables associated with Character Class?  We're testing that idea on the premise that different Classes have different fighting styles and thus would score different kinds of wins or make different sorts of blunders.  NDG out.
If you like new or independent role-playing games, visit our website at www.newdimensiongames.com!

New Dimension Games

I guess I goofed again by posting on this thread earlier today after it was closed.  I apologize to Ron and to The Forge.  I'm still getting the hang of The Forge and didn't recognize a thread being done when I saw it.  So, NDG is done on this one.  Feel free to send me comments personally or to start a new thread where appropriate.  Again, sorry for stumbling, and thanks to those who have been patient with the new guy.
If you like new or independent role-playing games, visit our website at www.newdimensiongames.com!