News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

There must be something wrong...

Started by Eero Tuovinen, April 04, 2004, 11:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eero Tuovinen

There must be something wrong with me: Forge's strict moderation is a perennial topic for bitching, but I for one cannot think of anything to discuss outside the usual forums. I'm just trying to decide when I have time to write about Ars Memorativa and start translating Urbs Aeterna; one goes to theory, another to indie design, and now that we have the birthday forum here again I have nothing to write about here. On the contrary, I should be doing my math exercises.

Hopefully someone else starts something interesting come Monday. It just seems I'm a dull partygoer, when all is said and done. Not really surprising, being that I avoid parties in RL too.

To avoid being a total partypooper, here's the index from the last Alterations for academic perusal. If you are like me, you read things like this just for curiousity.

Alterations is a Finnish rpg fanzine here in Helsinki, and I've been the editor from January. This first issue at least grabbed the attention: it's been called too academical, and my own attitude of "the one who does the work decides the direction" has gained some negative feedback.

The Index for our erotic theme issue:
    Secretary-General's column from our new chairman
    "Sexuality as an element of roleplaying", article based on personal experience
    A review of the Solmukohta 2004 book, "Beyond Role and Play"
    "Life and the erotic", a column about bravery and confidence in larping
    "The role of erotica in roleplaying", a more analytic article about the matter
    A column about the role of theory in the scene
    "Merchants of Love", a full roleplaying game about courtesan life and erotic visions.
    An article about the sociological model of sword and sorcery -literature
    A short story (or a fairy tale more properly) about a Norwegian girl and her encounter with the deep ones of lovecraftian myth
    Editor's column[/list:u]

Well, I hope that this was sufficiently OT for you ;)
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

Emily Care

Thanks, Eero!

Is there (an English language) site for the zine?

--EC
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

Eero Tuovinen

Not yet. I've been considering one, but it'd be largely self-gratification as far as the purpose of the 'zine goes. Any real content would have to be translated, a work in itself.

The Finnish pages are under the club's site, behind the link "Alterations". They are by my hand, so feel free to look around a bit. If you catch a link called "Isännän aika", you've found our My Life with Master project, which is right now generating some actual play for a review in the next issue. There's some other interesting bits, like that "Merchants of Love" ("Lemmen kauppiaat", which has a nice looking page at least, if you find it), but they are terribly and irrevocably in Finnish.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.