News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

cats in the cradle

Started by Joe Murphy (Broin), December 21, 2001, 04:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Murphy (Broin)

(awful subject line, sozz)

I haven't bought Little Fears, because I can't see my group liking it at all, alas. I'll probably pick it up in a month or three, though, as it's definitely something I want to have on my shelf. It sounds gorgeous.

Does the book refer to pets or mention things like 'animal protectors' and that kind of thing?

I only ask because of a Lovecraftian nightmare I had the other night, from which I woke to find my cat skittering around, as if she'd chased the nightmare away...

Joe.

Mike Holmes

Doesn't specifically mention that, IIRC, but it does have belief magic. If a child believes strongly enough that a pet can protect the child, then it can. Belief magic covers just about anything like that.

Man that's a cool mechanic.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Uratoh

It mentions dogs, and dogs can sense any denizin from closetland, EXCEPT a particularly nasty type called the living puppet. They tend to bark alot at them.

Jason L Blair

Yes, dogs are mentioned in the main book ("Man's Best Friend," page  69) and cats... well, cats are an odd lot. I was going to wait until "Blessed Are The Children" to talk about that but now I'm thinking I might write up something for the website...

Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer