News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Offensive Political Quotes

Started by Jason Lee, April 04, 2004, 05:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Lee

So, I've got this weird list of political quotes on my computer.  I decided to pick the most offensive ones and post them.  Yeah!

"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."
- Pat Robertson

"We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand."
- James Watt

"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
- George H.W. Bush  

Do you have any offensive political quotes to share?

EDIT:  Hey look, this is my 2^9th post.  Neato.
- Cruciel

Mike Holmes

One of my favorite quips was someone commenting on a speech by Pat Buchannan. I can't remember the exact quote, but it was something to the effect that the speech was better in the original German.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

joshua neff

Quote from: Mike HolmesOne of my favorite quips was someone commenting on a speech by Pat Buchannan. I can't remember the exact quote, but it was something to the effect that the speech was better in the original German.

Mike

I remember that, too, but I can't remember who said it or what it specifically referred to. I just remember laughing my ass off.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

quozl

"I pledge allegiance to the flag...."

--Whoever wrote the the stupid pledge

Why would anyone pledge allegiance to a flag?  What does a flag want?  Why would it care if I pledge allegiance to it?  Why do other people think I'm some sort of cretin if I refuse to say such tripe?
--- Jonathan N.
Currently playtesting Frankenstein's Monsters

Walt Freitag

QuoteWhy would anyone pledge allegiance to a flag? What does a flag want? Why would it care if I pledge allegiance to it? Why do other people think I'm some sort of cretin if I refuse to say such tripe?
OK, understandable. But how do you feel about the "...and to the republic for which it stands" part?

Just curious, don't particularly care if you say the pledge or not, as long as you pay your taxes.

- Walt
Wandering in the diasporosphere

quozl

Quote from: Walt FreitagOK, understandable. But how do you feel about the "...and to the republic for which it stands" part?

Just curious, don't particularly care if you say the pledge or not, as long as you pay your taxes.

- Walt

Well, I guess this is a thread about politics so here's my political views summed up in one sentence:

Nationalism is the most evil religion ever invented.
--- Jonathan N.
Currently playtesting Frankenstein's Monsters

Jason Lee

Quote from: Mike HolmesOne of my favorite quips was someone commenting on a speech by Pat Buchannan. I can't remember the exact quote, but it was something to the effect that the speech was better in the original German.

Heh, Pat Buchannan is evil too.  The Axis of Evil Pats.
- Cruciel