News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

I've got a few..

Started by Lance D. Allen, April 05, 2004, 06:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance D. Allen

Unfinished game ideas..

Well, there's this little thing I was kicking around for a while, Mage Blade..

Then there's a more recent project, ReCoil..

Heh. Yeah, I take forever to finish things. Mage Blade I shelved because I couldn't figure out where I was going with it. It's been knocking at the cranium lately though, so it'll probably be going back on a burner soon.

ReCoil, despite my realization that the text is woefully deficient, I was hoping to get more playtest input on. I think shortly, once I can take a break from some of the important scholastic focuses of recent times, I'll do the ReCoil rewrite, and put it back out for playtesting.

Then there's Blood on the Sands, a.k.a. TRoS: Gladiators. The rules pretty much exist, and have existed for quite a while, it's just waiting for me to get them organized and written into a coherent and useable format. Again, once I can take a break from school stuff, I'll put forth the effort.

Finally, there's Tidal. Only some of the people on indie net-gaming have heard of it. It's not so much a game at this point as a rough idea of a cool mechanic. The name is derived from the core of the mechanic, which has story focus/influence measured by a pool of points which flows between players. Whoever has the most points is the "main character" for that scene. As they use their points to make things happen, the points go to other players, until someone else has the majority of points. On the opposite side, whoever has the least points is the GM for that scene. It's got a lot of potential problems, but I think potential for cool things as well. I'm not currently working on it, but as ReCoil, Mage Blade and Blood on the Sand move toward completion, and as inspiration strikes, I'll flesh out the core idea.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Lance D. Allen

Accidentally hit post new, instead of post reply. This was supposed to be in reply to Rich Forest's thread about unfinished games. If someone could append this to that, that'd be great.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls