News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Personal question: got smokes?

Started by Jack Spencer Jr, April 06, 2004, 05:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Stokes

I smoke and enjoy smoking, but I would'nt say I'm a heavy smoker.  Tend to be a 20 a week man.  40 if it's a holiday or if I'm drinking a lot.  Y'see, I really can't be arsed to smoke at work, and can't smoke at home because of a clause in my contract.  So really I smoke on my way to the shops to get milk, or at the pub.  When i had to stop drinking for a month, I pretty much stopped smoking too.  But then I could drink again and it was all OK.

Often I just don't get in the mood for a fag for ages.  Sometimes 3-4 weeks.  I've never "quit" as such, just lost interest in smoking.  I appear to be one of the rare non-addicted smokers.  Or maybe I just think I am...
The poster previously known as RichKS

Dav

I'm not so much a smoker as, occasionally, I attempt to try that stuff you people call "air".

I that bastard that smokes everywhere (in elevators, San Fransisco, New York, movies).  I figure the world exists to correct me, so I usually put my cigarette out when someone says I can't smoke.  However, I usually do ask where it is shown that I can't smoke.  If there isn't a sign, fuck 'em.

I also tend to leave a "hey kids, smoking's cool!" note somewhere in a lot of my games.

And I mean it.  Smoking gets you laid.  So does drinking... I drink myself handsome whenever given the opportunity.

Dav

Keith Senkowski

I quit and quit and quit and quit.  All my friends are smokers, making my social life very difficult.  Like big Al likes to say, "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Jason L Blair

I smoked for ten years. I quit, um, Summer 2002. Just after Origins.

Smoking is amazing. It's fantastic. Clinton's right. It's pulmonary sex, baby. Oh my god. I miss it terribly.

But it made me feel like shit and was ruining my health--rapidly and drastically. Also, my wife doesn't smoke and neither does my baby daughter and I don't want to be the asshole who chuds their lungs cuz "I have rights" or whatever the hell excuse people throw out.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Chris Passeno

I don't smoke.  The only person in my family that does is my brother and he's plagued with lung problems.  He'll probably die of Lung problems.

I ain't judgin.  It's his decision.  Just don't smoke near me.