News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

GIPF project

Started by GreatWolf, April 05, 2004, 03:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatWolf

This may be a long shot, but hey, who cares.  It's a birthday party!

I've started playing the different games of the GIPF Project and have been enjoying them.   So I wanted to ask two questions:

--Anyone else out there playing these games?

--Anyone out there who can play GIPF well?  I'm having the hardest time learning to play it intelligently.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Christopher Weeks

I've played all the games except for the new one, Yinsh.  I have not played with the rules of carying potential (or whatever) from game to game.  I've enjoyed Zertz most and Tamsk second.  I wouldn't be qualified to teach advanced strategy.

Chris

GreatWolf

Do you happen to know any websites that discuss strategy?  I've already seen the Zertz article that is floating out there (and it is quite helpful), but, again, I'd really like to get some pointers on GIPF.

And let me recommend Yinsh to you.  Lots of fun and, in some ways, probably the most accessible of the games.  (Dvonn being a close second, IMHO.)

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Christopher Weeks

I just pinged boardgamegeek for the Gipf page, not knowing what I'd find, but it looks like there's some good linkage from there.  Have you checked it out?  You could also post to rec.games.board and/or the spielfrieks yahoo group and see if you get nibbles.

Chris