News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

I want my post back :(

Started by Paul Czege, May 15, 2001, 01:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Czege

Hey Clinton,

Raven wrote this in a thread outside of "Site Discussion":

I just wrote a particularly lengthy post on the issue and it was destroyed because it wanted my password (which it didn't ask for)...grrr...
Who do I kill or ask for changes to be made to the submission process to deal with errors like this? (like putting the document property into a container so when I hit "back" it doesn't clear the form of what was written)

I think you're doing a great job on the site, but I've had this same frustration a couple of times (just now in fact) having written a lengthy post and lost it into limbo-land when the site said "enter your password to login" after I'd pressed "submit". Hitting the "back" button on the browser doesn't present you with the post you just wrote; the input box is entirely empty at that point. It makes it hard for me to maintain a psychological commitment to the site when I get my stuff accidentally flushed this way. Is there any php code out there you can harvest to fix this?

Paul

[ This Message was edited by: Paul Czege on 2001-05-15 01:25 ]
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Clinton R. Nixon

This should be fixed now. The "cookie timeout" thing-a-ma-bob was set unnaturally low. I changed it where you shouldn't be logged out of the Forge unless you haven't been online for more than 3 days.

(This may hose the "members online" deal. If so, I'm going to remove it. Does anyone particularly care how many people are viewing the forums at the same time? If so, let me know.)
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Paul Czege

I just lost another one...maybe 500 words into it. You can't leave the page with the edit box. If you do, and you go "back" to it, it'll be empty. There has to be a way to preserve the edit box content somehow so it doesn't get lost like this. I have no idea even what inadvertent keystroke caused me to leave the page. Suddenly I was back viewing the forum I was posting to. Aaarrgggghhh :sad:
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Paul Czege

Hey Clinton,

Positive feedback time! You totally sorted this out. I've inadvertently left the edit box page a couple of times on various posts recently and I've always been able to go "back" and find the text I'd typed, waiting for me :smile:

Thanks,

Paul