News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Best Horror Movie Ever

Started by Anonymous, April 05, 2004, 11:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher Weeks

Quote from: clehrichwhat about Blue Velvet?

Is that like National Velvet?

Seriously though, I think both Eraserhead and Lost Highway are more horrific Lynch films.  (I guess Lost Highway isn't really horrific, just creepycool.)

Chris

C. Edwards

Crap, I just remembered Night of the Comet. It's super cheezy and super bad, but it scared the bejeezus out of me when I was a kid.

-Chris

taalyn

Wanna know my really really favorite, see-once-in-your-life-or-live-forever-a-social-pariah movie? It's only vaguely horror...well, depending...

Queerwolf.

By the light of a full moon, he becomes a drag queen, and can only be killed with a silver dil...well, you get the idea.
Aidan Grey

Crux Live the Abnatural

Andy Kitkowski

Oh, I forgot to mention Session 9.  It's... damn, it's good, creepy atmosphere in spades. I was just a tiny bit disappointed in the end, but it was fucked up enough, plus creepy, Creepy, CREEPY enough, to make me forget all that.
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Shreyas Sampat

I was scared by the Japanese Ring. Didn't see the other.

Blair Witch made me wish for my two hours back. But I was profoundly impressed by the ad campaign.

greyorm

Alien.

I can watch it again and again and again. Best horror movie EVAR.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

W. Don

Quote from: Shreyas SampatI was scared by the Japanese Ring. Didn't see the other.

Same here. I never got to see the Hollywood Ring. But the original Japanese (Ringu) left me truly scared. I was whimpering like a baby after watching it. And I honestly couldn't sleep well for months.

- W.

joshua neff

I just watched this & it scared the bejeezus out of me.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

greyorm

Wait, I changed my mind! I watched this Bush campaign commercial, and the thought of another four years...

<G>

That's not really a movie, though, is it? Ah well.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

talysman

for those who have seen only Ringu or only The Ring, rest easy: they're pretty much the same. the hollywood version carried over a number of elements almost intact... in fact, tehre were a couple things that seem weird and/or creepy in the hollywood version that are really just cultural artifacts taken from the japanese version.

both were very creepy, and under the right circumstances (alone at night) scary... but I thought of them more as great movies in general than great horror movies.

one thing the hollywood version did better: the mysterious film on the videotape itself. it's EXCEPTIONALLY creepy.
John Laviolette
(aka Talysman the Ur-Beatle)
rpg projects: http://www.globalsurrealism.com/rpg

hardcoremoose

Quote... but May is my current favorite. I'm a little bit in love with that movie.

Vincent, I agree.  ;)

- Scott

Shreyas Sampat

28 days later (sorry, can't be bothered to cap just now) was also a great fun movie...and much scaries to me than ringu.

Jason13

I loved the Grudge even though at the back of my mind there was a small voice repeating "Just kick it's ass Buffy".

Blankshield

Mr. Frost is way up on my list.   

James
I write games. My games don't have much in common with each other, except that I wrote them.

http://www.blankshieldpress.com/

Troy_Costisick

Heya,

QuoteSomething Wicked This Way Comes is a first runner-up.

Heh, my wife uses clips from that movie when she teaches about Edgar Allen Poe.  She points to motiffs and themes from his writing that show up in the movie.  But anyway, my vote is Dark Horizon.  I was alone the first time I tried to watch it.  Scared the crap outta me.

Peace,

-Troy