News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Summer Cons--Who's going?

Started by Michael S. Miller, April 06, 2004, 10:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael S. Miller

Who's going to Origins this year? Who's going to GenCon? What do you want to play?

I'll be at both. At Origins, I'm runnin 4 ticketed events: 2 Orkworld, 2 Baron Munchausen. Sign up now and beat the rush! Besides that, I'm open to trying new things.

At GenCon, I'm running four 2-hour ticketed demos of Excelsior. Hopefully, I'll be PowerDemoing it at the Forge booth as well. I hope to try out some of the other games debuting there as well (especially Robots & Rapiers).

Special Request time: Anyone going to either con willing to run a Sorcerer game for me? We could make characters beforehand, a la Art Deco Melodrama, and be all set to play at the con. Apart from one In Utero demo, I've never played Sorcerer (GMed it several times), and would really like to.
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

Marhault

Am hoping to go to Origins this year.

Christopher Weeks

I expect to continue my tradition of going to GenCon.  But I might be moving and that might interfere.  But I really, really want to go, so I prolly will.  And I've been wondering what the deal is with playing these games.  I get the idea that Forge games are run in short demos but not typically as regular events.  True or false?  I'm up for playing a few games, but I have to help support the Game-LEGO User Group track and take care of the kids, too.

I suggested that Ron should run a Sorcerer GMing seminar/boot camp/school/convention thing once and he said it sounded like another thing for GenCon.  If something like that's happening, I'm very interested.

Chris

Lisa Padol

Am planning on both Origins and GenCon. At GenCon, Josh and I are set with Iron Ref -- open to 4 refs (gms) and 16 judges (players). That'll be Thursday, so we can actually do other stuff during the con.

-Lisa

Lxndr

Am planning on going to GenCon and a local rpg convention.  That's it for summer conventions this year.
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming

Mike Holmes

I'll be at both. Which is really not news, is it?

Mike, I'll run Sorcerer for ya. Should we start a thread in the AP forum? Actually, I've promised to run something for Matt Gwinn, too. Maybe we could combine?

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Michael S. Miller

Quote from: Mike HolmesMike, I'll run Sorcerer for ya. Should we start a thread in the AP forum? Actually, I've promised to run something for Matt Gwinn, too. Maybe we could combine?

I recall Matt's thread. It was about a wedding theme. The thought of Wedding-theme Sorcerer makes me tremble. Of course, if Matt & his soon-to-be other half are up for it...

An AP prep thread would work for me, at least after this birthday nonsense quites down (they're scaring the neighbors)
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

talysman

here's a question: which conventions are worth travelling quite a ways to attend?

I have never been to a game convention. ok, a real, *large* convention: I've been to 50-some-people game events before, but never to something like GenCon. I've been to large-scale non-game events, though.
John Laviolette
(aka Talysman the Ur-Beatle)
rpg projects: http://www.globalsurrealism.com/rpg

Christopher Weeks

GenCon is your best bet for RPGs.

Chris

Ben Lehman

I am considering the possibilty of going to GenCon...  It all depends on when I get back to the US and whether it can be arranged in the middle of a cross-country move.  :-)

yrs--
--Ben

Brian Leybourne

I'll be at GenCon this year (barring catastrophy). Gonna cost me at least $5000 all up, but hell, I promised myself I would make it over there one day :-)

I'm very keen to have a game of TROS with Jake, a game of Sorcerer with Ron, Universalis with Mike and Ralph, etc :-)

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion