News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Needing some help (and some art)

Started by GreatWolf, April 06, 2005, 09:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatWolf

Okay, so I am heeding the various bribes, threats and cajoling found in this thread.  Silly as this may sound, I did not know that there was this level of interest in the game.  So, now I'm reconsidering working up a print-on-demand edition of the game.

So, then, there are a couple of issues that need to be addressed.

1)  I need to find a good print-on-demand service, preferably one without any setup charges.  Any recommendations?

2)  I need art.  I also have very little money to put into art.  I know that's not the best "wanted" ad, but there it is.  If you're interested in producing artwork for Alyria and you're flexible in this regard, please contact me via PM.

I've been delaying this for too long.  Let's finally put this baby to bed.
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Valamir

Re #1) See several threads in Publishing forum on Lulu and/or RPGNow

Re #2) Those who can't produce art themselves but still want to contribute could SPONSOR art...that would be afaik a pretty groundbreaking first for game publishers.

Sponsor a quarter page Alyria ad, get a special thanks in the credits and a numbered and autographed copy of the first pod print run...I'm up for it.

Ron Edwards

Sign me up for that art-sponsoring thing too.

Best,
Ron

GreatWolf

I'm contemplating the art sponsorship idea.  I'll post here when I figure out what I want to do.

Thanks for all the support!
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Mike Holmes

I'm in. Y'know, if you get it going.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.