News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Daedalus

Started by Marhault, April 07, 2004, 02:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marhault

Before things close up on the old FBF, I want to say how sad I am that Daedalus is ceasing publication.  Daedalus really made me think, and I was hoping to get around to writing something with substance and begging Matt Snyder to publish it in a future issue.  Ah well, it was great while it lasted.  Thanks Matt.

For anyone who didn't know, here's the announcement.

Matt Snyder

Thanks. I'm really torn up about that. Like I said, it honestly was a really hard choice. Daedalus was a worthwhile project that required a lot of work ... at a time when I don't have enough time to spare. Something had to give.

I have received great feedback and support after the announcement, and I appreciate that. Many have suggested releasing Daedalus as an annual or non-calendar-related special release from time to time. I like that idea, and I may do something along those lines. So, down but not out. Let's call it that for now.

Thanks, again, to everyone who contributed and to the readers!
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Andy Kitkowski

FUCK.

Having said that, though, I totally understand.  It was a quality, QUALITY release, man, and the work and love really showed.  If I were you I would have charged advertising in it to make it more worth your time.

Quote from: Matt SnyderMany have suggested releasing Daedalus as an annual or non-calendar-related special release from time to time.

I too endorse the idea of a Special Release, like Paul Whatshisface's Imazine: When it comes out, when it CAN come out, it really turns some heads. Whether that be one a year, once every two years, etc.

Good luck, man!

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

GreatWolf

Daedalus was the best gaming mag that I've ever read.

Now, I'll grant that I haven't made a hobby out of reading gaming magazines, but it was great material.  Please don't let it die completely....

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Matt Machell

Matt, I think I posted on your LJ about how sad I was to see Daedelus go, but it should be re-iterated. It was quality and will be missed.

-Matt

Shreyas Sampat

I didn't know about this until now.

I, too, will miss Daedalus; it is a great publication, and I look forward to maybe contributing something the next time you decide to put one together, Matt.

I salute you; the issues of Daedalus that have been released are top-notch.