News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Eschaton]: example of play and synopsis

Started by ghostwolf, April 09, 2004, 12:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Holmes

Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

quozl

Quote from: Mike HolmesEver seen BattleLords of the 23rd century? Here's a review.

http://www.rpg.net/news+reviews/reviews/rev_7263.html

Mike

And if you want a copy, PM me.  I got a mint copy I'm looking to unload.
--- Jonathan N.
Currently playtesting Frankenstein's Monsters

RaconteurX

Quote from: ghostwolfIn the system I'm trying to design, the Traits actually delve down to a meaning for every skill, and every action that the characters take that's not trivial hinges in some way upon them.  BRP doesn't model that.

Scrounge up a copy of Chaosium's old Ringworld ... you might find that more suitable. It remains one of my favorite game systems for hard science-fiction. There is a copy up for auction currently, although it is going for over $70 as of this writing and has less than eighteen hours remaining before the auction closes.

ghostwolf

I'm not sure if the 'look at this game' posts are meant to give me ideas to enhance my concept or to drop it and use a different system.  If the first case is true, thank you for pointing these games out.  

I've actually completely revamped most of the foundation that my OP was based on in the last 2 weeks.  Currently, I'm working on finalizing the character creation method and writing it up for posting and commentary here.  The only things that survived from the first draft are the trickle down effect from traits to skills and some of the trait names.  I think what I have now is much tighter, more coherent and less..well...sucky, for lack of a better word, than my original post.

Anyway, would it be more appropriate to post the 2nd draft in this thread or start a new one?

Mike Holmes

Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.