News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Using teamwork as carried over bonuses.

Started by sirogit, April 09, 2004, 10:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirogit

When I run Demon cops, I'd like to encourage people to make ample use of the ability to give bonuses to another person's action through your own. An obvious example would be, using Lore to find out a demon's weakness, telling that to a prtner, and him using it as a bonus to an action.

Any other excellent examples?

Ron Edwards

Hey,

Combat, combat, combat!!

The most effective knock-down drag-out strategy in Sorcerer combat is for two or more characters to announce actions which reinforce one another no matter which order they occur in.

Thus bonuses roll from one character to another to another during the series of exchanges. Highly recommended.

Best,
Ron

sirogit

I could just naturally assume this, but I'm guessing you handle same-round bonuses by rolling additional dice for the recieving character's pool and treat his action from than on as if it had that roll(Ignoring the fact that he may now have higher iniative than the person who gave him the bonus)? Or would you wait until the next round?

Ron Edwards

Hi Sirogit,

You're right - you just roll the new dice and add them on. Don't worry about the order-issue; by that point, the order is set, and the new values only count in terms of victories.

Best,
Ron