News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Bad news

Started by GreatWolf, April 19, 2004, 12:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

What about something like: Unicorn, Plus Sign, Equals Sign, Minus Sign, Dragon, Blood Moon? That's pretty straightforward to read.

Alternately, with the 3/3 thing you could use colors or the like for the middle three that were clear, if there's a clear color iconography in Alyria. All brainstorming off the 'numerical pips' suggestion here.

Jürgen Mayer

I think MJ's clock suggestion is the best one yet. It's easy to read and easy to draw. Easy to draw is very important I think, because the players need to draw the icons on their character sheets. (And everyone who's suggesting unicorns and dragons should consider this. See, I'm not suggesting Aardvarks, do I?)

But damn, I'd like to have moons. I have gone through so much trouble with my moon dice that I'll prolly stick with moons ;)
I respect your decision, though.
Jürgen Mayer
Disaster Machine Productions
http://disastermachine.com

Paul Czege

Or impose your own reconceptualization of what happens shadow-wise to the surface of the moon. Perhaps a shadow intrudes upon the lunar surface like a wedge:

born (is bright and whole) -->
pierced (has a narrow pie wedge shadow on it) -->
sundered (is bisected by a shadow) -->
remnant (is half black with shadow) ->
tainted (is half black, and the other half is now red) ->
blood moon

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

GreatWolf

I'm still considering my choices, but I'm beginning to lean towards the clock faces (and the hourglass for the "really bad result").  My wife isn't persuaded, though....  :-)

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

greyorm

Screw it...just use the I-Ching.

Ok, that's off my chest. I've been wanting to say it for a couple days now. Can't say why, can't even say that it's anything other than a flippant comment.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio