News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

"Reply Problems"

Started by Amadeus, April 22, 2004, 05:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amadeus

For a while I've been noticing this problem, but its getting a little old.  Whenever I try to click reply, even on open non locked threads, it just brings me back to the main forum listing.  I'm not quite sure why this is, as it happens on no one elses bbboard or mine.

Granted if I click enough times (maybe 3-6) it will finally give up the fight and let me post.  

Any thoughts?  Is this a server error, or an error on my part, or your part, or what?

M. J. Young

I've never seen this problem; however, I know that in addressing questions like this, it's usually helpful to include (if you know):
    [*]Operating system (e.g., Win95, Linux)[*]Browser and version (Netscape 6.2, Opera, IE 5.0)[/list:u]Sometimes problems like this spring from software incompatibilities--for example, there was a major change in how Netscape handles scripting between v4 and v6, and a lot of things that work in one don't work at all in the other. Knowing what's happening at your end can make a big difference and figuring out why.

--M. J. Young

Amadeus

Right,

Mozilla 1.5 in this incarnation: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007

As you can see from that, Mac OS X.2.8

montag

FWIW, I don't have this problem on OS X.2.8, using Safari

markus
    markus
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do."
    --B. F. Skinner, Contingencies of Reinforcement (1969)

Trevis Martin

Have you checked to see if the same thing happens under Safari or Firefox?  (or even the dreaded and despised IE?)

I'm using Safari on 10.3.3 most  of the time and experience no trouble.

regards,

Trevis

Amadeus

To be honest I'd rather just deal with it if its a browser problem or as Mozilla is open source fix it when I have time.  I was just hoping this wasn't a browser problem or that someone else experienced this and found a way to fix it without work.

Amadeus

Ahh I think I've got it figured out.  For some reason when I'd reply it would sometimes log me out due to the password junk in moz.  I think Ive got i fixed though. Thanks