News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Lines, Veils, Breaking the Ice

Started by lumpley, April 29, 2004, 05:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpley

Callan, cool, I think we're on the same page about what the game entails.  (Let me confirm: you understand that I made a character who, like Emily, is female, but who isn't "like Emily" in any other way, right?)  I think we're also on the same page about the game's potential for creating intimacy / revealing intimate details between the two players.

Given that, we each get to decide for ourselves whether it sounds fun, who we'd want to play it with, under what circumstances.

I got no prob.

-Vincent

(It's a one-on-one game, not suitable for a party unless you're all going to pair off, but I don't think that matters to the issues.)

Callan S.

Hi Vincent,

Well in terms of that confirmation, actually I did read it as being like Emily in some other ways. I got that from here:

QuoteBreaking the Ice is about dating. You play a character who's unlike yourself but like your fellow player - so I was creating a woman and Emily a man. The idea is to get some informed feedback about your portrayal of your character. Emily's duty is to give me insight into playing women, mine's to give her insight into playing men.

For example, your only roughly going to give emily an idea on how to play men...in general. Mostly your going to give an example playing like a man that is like yourself, and she'll do the same for how to deliver a female performance.

BTW,
QuoteShe broke her leg, he keeps birds. They date!

Shouldn't that be ". They fight crime!"?
Philosopher Gamer
<meaning></meaning>