News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Post-ICG Results thread!

Started by timfire, May 04, 2004, 05:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timfire

The ICG results are in! Congrats to Bill White, Hans Christian Andersen, Dev, and especially Jack Aidley. I'm going to have to go back and reread those entries now.

Thanks to Mike Holmes for all his hard work! Mike, you seemed surprised by all the Pacific rim entries. Com'on, one of the ingredients was 'island,' I don't think it was really all that surprising. There are more islands on the Pacific rim then are in the Atlantic.

As far as my own entries goes, I really appreciate Mike's comments. I think most of my issues stemmed from the fact that my entry was underdeveloped. I honestly ran out of time and had to start throwing ideas down without the chance to revise them. I really admire those that were able to pull together longer entries.

I can't wait for the next competition!
--Timothy Walters Kleinert

Zak Arntson

Yes, congrats to everyone, and huge kudos to Mike for poring over all of them. This was my first (completed) Iron Game Chef, and a great learning experience. I appreciate the comments on my game, all true. In fact, I've already begun work revamping my game for eventual publication (and boy has it been revamped). My conclusion? Designing a solid game in a week is very, very tough. So even more congratulations to the winners! Hooray!

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Sadly, this thread isn't likely to generate much discourse. Let's close it; if anyone wants to discuss the games themselves, please feel free to start threads with specific inquiries and comments.

Best,
Ron