News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Access Announcement

Started by Valamir, April 29, 2004, 07:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valamir

Well, it finally happened.  They said it was coming and it finally caught up with me.  The corporate net nanny just blocked indie-rpgs.  They'd already blocked rpg.net a few months back.

Therefor, as of today, I no longer have any access to the Forge (or any personal email at all) during the day.

This will unfortuneatly cut down my ability to participate dramatically until I can find an alternative...like a cellular blackberry or something...which they can't monitor.

Jason Lee

Ah, yes, corporate america, banning personal interests at work and demanding 9+ hour days (in addition to the commute).  Insuring that employee productivity remains high, by doing anything they can to keep employees miserable.

Wait... that doesn't make any sense.

Sorry Ralph.  That sucks.
- Cruciel

joshua neff

Ralph, you need to get a job where Mike works. Apparently, they actually stand over his shoulder & yell at him to post more to the Forge. Then they give him a Christmas bonus.

Or something like that.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

talysman

Quote from: ValamirWell, it finally happened.  They said it was coming and it finally caught up with me.  The corporate net nanny just blocked indie-rpgs.  They'd already blocked rpg.net a few months back.

Therefor, as of today, I no longer have any access to the Forge (or any personal email at all) during the day.

This will unfortuneatly cut down my ability to participate dramatically until I can find an alternative...like a cellular blackberry or something...which they can't monitor.

let's hope your employer doesn't do as other corporate managers have done and forbid non-work computing devices entirely. I remember the rancor at my last job, when management suddenly forbid people from bringing in laptops to work on during breaks.
John Laviolette
(aka Talysman the Ur-Beatle)
rpg projects: http://www.globalsurrealism.com/rpg

Valamir

The last few days I've been experimenting with a super-secret, no-I-can't-tell-you-about-it-so-don't-ask proxy site that has enabled me to circumvent the IT police for the time being.  

I'm attempting to use it sporadically so I don't trigger some new alert.

All is well...for now...

Jürgen Mayer

I hear you, Ralph. My participation on the Forge dropped significantly one and a half years ago, when I was located to another workplace. I work directly in the offices of a customer since then... and I wrote most of my posts during lunch break previously...
Jürgen Mayer
Disaster Machine Productions
http://disastermachine.com