News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

King of Life and other stupid questions

Started by xiombarg, May 06, 2004, 11:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xiombarg

Okay, I've finally gotten around to starting to read the rules, and possibly run a game of this. I have two stupid questions:

1) What's the "King of Life"? Is that fancy poetry for "God"?

2) Aside from the outline, where should I be looking before I start to play? What threads and/or LJ posts should I be looking at? There's a lot of material scattered around, can someone point me at the gold, not just because I'm lazy, but because it might help Vincent focus as well?

P.S. My non-gaming wife is one of the moderators of the ex-Mormon LJ community you're a part of, Vincent. ;-D
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

lumpley

Seriously!?  Small world!

Here's my manuscript in progress, it's a couple of stages behind now but it's online:
http://www.septemberquestion.org/lumpley/pdfs/manuscript.rtf

...But my site's down.  Dunno what's up with that.  PM me your email addy and I'll attach it to you?

Oh and yes, the King of Life is God.

-Vincent

xiombarg

Quote from: lumpleySeriously!?  Small world!
Seriously. Virika on LJ. I might rope her into gaming with this game. ;-D

Quote...But my site's down.  Dunno what's up with that.  PM me your email addy and I'll attach it to you?
Done.

QuoteOh and yes, the King of Life is God.
Yeah, I found the paragraph in the outline that explains that, which I'd missed before. I've read the outline a couple times now, so expect comments soon. If the manuscript has more info, I'll wait for that. :)
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

bluegargantua

Vincent also made a couple of posts to his blog about Color.  He had links to sites showing what Utah looks like (helpful if you've never been there), guns, and clothing of the period.  If those aren't in the manuscript, perhaps he could point you to those as well.

Tom
The Three Stooges ran better black ops.

Don't laugh, Larry would strike unseen from the shadows and Curly...well, Curly once toppled a dictatorship with the key from a Sardine tin.