News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Login not working

Started by Zak Arntson, May 16, 2001, 09:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zak Arntson

Whenever I click on the Login, and enter teh correct information, I get the regular forum screen but the "user not logged in" appears.

I went and tested it a little, entering wrong information, and I get the "Bad password" page.

So something is going on between my submit and the returned forum page?

joshua neff

same thing happened to me a few hours ago, altho if i went to a different computer it worked fine...& now, obviously, i'm having no problem logging in...weird...
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Zak Arntson

Okay, login is STILL not working for me.  I re-registered with my real name (I don't know how to delete my old one (zakarn), I'll have to email the forum-handler (is that Mr. Nixon?)).

And I STILL can't login.  I have to enter my username and password EVERYTIME I try to do something.

Ron Edwards

Hey Zak,

Yeah, e-mail Clinton. I hope he can get to it relatively soon, but it depends a lot on how hard work is slamming him at any given moment.

Sorry about the hassles.

Best,
Ron

Dav

I had the problem for a while, but it was due to my security protocols on my 'puter.  Do you have cookies disabled (or some similar setting)?  I think it may have more to do with this than anything else.  Of course, who knows...

Dav

GreatWolf

You know, I'm having the same login trouble at home but not at work.

It happened after the last change in cookies.  I wonder if that is affecting stuff.  Shrug.
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Clay

I'm having the same problem.  It's acting exactly as if someone cached the pages somewhere.  Clinton might want to check and make sure that Dreamhost didn't install a caching firewall somewhere.

Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management

Clinton R. Nixon

This problem is kind of baffling me.

There's not a caching firewall (and I'm not using Dreamhost--I'm using cedant.com instead.) I've only made one simple change to the cookies, but I'm about to change it back to see what happens.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Clay

The problem appears to have gone away for me.  Whatever you did, it worked.

Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management

Zak Arntson

It's fixed for me too!  Thanks for whatever it was you did!

GreatWolf

My login is just fine now, too.  Thanks, Clinton!
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown