News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Forge pedagogy

Started by Adam Dray, May 12, 2004, 06:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Norris

Well, I'm glad that the actual topic really came out, because I couldn't think of a way to bring it up without sounding really rude.

Yes, Mike, I'm sorry to say it, but your particular posting style is, in my opinion, closely correlated with the appearance of all the "civility at the forge" and "how we should behave" posts recently. The majority of the situations where people have been hurt, angered, or offended have been threads in which you were a vocal and boisterous participant. (Now, that may not be a correlation at all, because you're a vocal participant in a lot of threads, but it's there.)

I felt uncomfortable sending a PM to you about this, although I should have. (I didn't feel it was my place to say "Hey, I don't know you, but your recent posts exude an attitude that make me wish to spend less time at The Forge, and I wish you could tone it down some.") But if people are going to call a spade a spade, and say, yes, Mike, the way you post often makes us uncomfortable, then I'll add my voice.

Not to try to turn it into a dogpile -- I mean no rancor towards you -- but to say, yes, it's an opinion that is shared by more than a few posters here.

Ron Edwards

Hello,

In the spirit of harmony, let's bear in mind that Mike has already responded to comments of this kind. If you really need to add in your voice, PM might be the best way.

Time for the thread to close, I think. This isn't punitive, so much as saying "done deal," and moving on.

Best,
Ron

Adam Dray

I've gotten what I need out of the thread -- and that wasn't Mike's apology.
Adam Dray / adam@legendary.org
Verge -- cyberpunk role-playing on the brink
FoundryMUSH - indie chat and play at foundry.legendary.org 7777

Ron Edwards

So, closed.

Best,
Ron