News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Campaign prep help request

Started by RexGator, May 17, 2004, 08:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RexGator

Thanks for the continued "brewing" of this campaign idea.  I had a couple of system questions to bounce off everyone:

1.  What to do about the race priority in character creation?
    (I see two possibilities, just make it automatic F or split wealth off from social class as has been suggested on other threads)

2.  What Combat and Missile proficiencies should be allowed?
    (Ie how are the various combatants armed and what are their fighting styles?)

Also, anybody got a link to a good regional map for this period of history?

As usual, I am indebted to you for your insight and suggestions.

Ian.Plumb

Hi,

Quote from: RexGatorThanks for the continued "brewing" of this campaign idea.  I had a couple of system questions to bounce off everyone:

1.  What to do about the race priority in character creation?
    (I see two possibilities, just make it automatic F or split wealth off from social class as has been suggested on other threads)

For our Lyon campaign environment we replaced Race with Age, changed the Social table to reflect Lyonnais social strata, replaced the core skill packets with skill packets that were meaningful to 14th century Lyon, removed anachronistic proficiencies, removed anachronistic skills, added some new skills where necessary, and generally tweaked as many char gen buttons as we could find.

Quote from: RexGatorAlso, anybody got a link to a good regional map for this period of history?

You are unlikely to find a decent map of 15th century Wallachia on the web. Good maps are particularly difficult to find. Our CC2 map of the Lyonnais is a combination of 17 regional maps. Good maps are the hardest part of an historical campaign setting.

Cheers,

RexGator

Hi Ian

I would like to get some more detail on the following,

QuoteFor our Lyon campaign environment we replaced Race with Age, changed the Social table to reflect Lyonnais social strata, replaced the core skill packets with skill packets that were meaningful to 14th century Lyon, removed anachronistic proficiencies, removed anachronistic skills, added some new skills where necessary, and generally tweaked as many char gen buttons as we could find.

1.  What would an A priority in Age benefit a character?  How about an F priority?

2.  What did your new skill packets look like?

3.  What proficiencies did you find anachronistic? What skills?

General question for all:

What proficiencies would NOT be historically accurate in the time period 1350 to 1450?

Thanks as usual.

Ian.Plumb

Hi,

Quote from: RexGatorHi Ian

I would like to get some more detail on the following...

I sent a PM with my email address but didn't receive a reply. If you're still interested in discussing the changes then feel free to drop me a line at ian.plumb at griffingrove.com.au.

Cheers,