News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

New forum version

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, January 04, 2002, 05:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinton R. Nixon

Well, the upgrade's done. I'll be changing the colors and what not over the weekend. Post questions and comments here.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Joe Murphy (Broin)

Quote from: Clinton R Nixon
Well, the upgrade's done. I'll be changing the colors and what not over the weekend. Post questions and comments here.

Well, GOLLY. Haven't we come up in the world?

Looks nice. Best of luck with Forge2. :)

Joe.

Mytholder

Hmm...I suspect the "new posts since your last visit" icon isn't working for me. I'll keep an eye on it. Is it showing up for everyone else?

Paganini

Quote from: Mytholder
Hmm...I suspect the "new posts since your last visit" icon isn't working for me. I'll keep an eye on it. Is it showing up for everyone else?

Works for me. "Thanks Ernie! Everything is cool!" :)

BTW, I like the new look. Very snazzy!

Mytholder

False alarm, I guess. Ignore me.

Zak Arntson

So is there some way to make those little post-it notes clickable?  They look like buttons, so when I see a forum with a new topic, I go and click on the post-it note.  And NOTHING HAPPENS!!

agh!!

Oh well, this board rules.  Now if you can only get rid of the Emoticon chart to the left, you will be my hero.

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Zak Arntson
Oh well, this board rules.  Now if you can only get rid of the Emoticon chart to the left, you will be my hero.

I am now your hero. Also - everybody may want to go to their profile and turn HTML on. I see Zak's sig's not working, and I suspect that's why.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Clinton R. Nixon

I've now also added a "Forge" theme to bring back that ol' brown and red we like so much. I probably need to work on it a bit more.

If the forum looks the same to you as always, go to your profile and change your theme.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Ranko

Looks cool, but please check the CSS(?) you used (or other font feature) because you locked the font size and my text size-largest setting is showing me dots. I hate small symbols and will not read if  have to hug the monitor.

Please,
For the love of a short sighted man,
Ranko

Marco

Hey, looks awesome! Maybe I'll hold off on that PHP/JSP flamewar I was thinking about starting ...

-Marco
---------------------------------------------
JAGS (Just Another Gaming System)
a free, high-quality, universal system at:
http://www.jagsrpg.org
Just Released: JAGS Wonderland

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Ranko
Looks cool, but please check the CSS(?) you used (or other font feature) because you locked the font size and my text size-largest setting is showing me dots. I hate small symbols and will not read if  have to hug the monitor.

Again, as I said earlier - I have no problems adjusting the font size in Mozilla. I'm not a CSS junkie, though, so I might be missing something. What browser are you using, and would you know how to make it where the font is adjustable? (If so, I'll e-mail you the CSS file.)
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Paul Czege

The best solution from my persepective would be a "font size" option within the user profile, since it's bizarre and annoying to have adjusted the font size for one site, only to get blasted by a giant cartoony-sized font when you go to eBay or some other site with a normal-sized default font.

The only really critical font size for this would the one for the text of the postings themselves.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Paul Czege
The best solution from my persepective would be a "font size" option within the user profile, since it's bizarre and annoying to have adjusted the font size for one site, only to get blasted by a giant cartoony-sized font when you go to eBay or some other site with a normal-sized default font.

Maybe someday. Not this weekend, though.

I increased most the font sizes a bit in order to make it easier on the sight-impaired. I'll make a separate "big" theme later.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

greyorm

Sorry for the tone, Clinton, I've been under a more stress than is healthy for the last two weeks, and it just leaked out here.

[edited]
Would you please remove the auto-set font sizes from the CSS file?

I'm using IE and I cannot change the font size at all.  My screen size is 1024x768, with Large fonts.

I'm burning my eyes out trying to read the tiny font currently available.  I'd really appreciate it if you could fix this to allow the alteration of font sizes on the pages, instead of locking them to one size.

Thanks!
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: greyorm
Please, FOR THE LOVE OF THE GODS, remove the auto-set font sizes from the CSS file!!!

I'm using IE, not Mozilla (sorry, won't touch it) and I cannot change the font size at all.

I don't feel like burning my eyes out trying to read these blasted tiny fonts...always ALWAYS let the viewer choose their own font size, NEVER force a particular one on them.

Just to let everyone know, this is not the way to make a request. I've already explained that I'm not a knowledgable person on CSS and I am working my hardest on it right now.

All this sort of screaming does is make me go, "Fuck it, I'll go watch FOTR again today and leave this for later."

I said above that I'd increased the font sizes a bit. A simple note telling me that wasn't enough would have sufficed.

And to note, I just looked at the page on IE, with the font size set to "smaller." It was actually bigger than in Mozilla.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games