News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Shooting Accuracy

Started by Dauntless, June 05, 2004, 02:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoetrope10

Dauntless, you wrote:

QuoteIn other words, your emotional state gives the base chance, and your marksmanship gives you a modifier.

To me it seems that there are two skills involved, marksmanship and courage under fire. On the range, marksmanship is the relevant skill. In a firefight, whichever is the lowest of marksmanship and courage under fire is the relevant skill.

René

Dauntless

AdAstra-
Very intriguing system you've got there.  I like how the effect of one task can cascade and affect the others.  I've been trying to think of something similar myself, but with my system (I don't have Dice Pools) it doesn't seem to work very well.

I wouldn't worry about it taking too long to resolve.  The biggest time waster will be the players trying to figure out how many dice to allocate.  I don't think the actual die rolling itself and the calculations will be that bad.  Plus, the tension created by rolling the dice is fun in itself.  So I think the real time issue here is how long it takes the players to decide how many dice to allocate.  I'd use the old countdown method....count to 10, and if they haven't declared it by then, they get no dice and just hold.