News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Return to River of Cradles?

Started by Decurio, June 15, 2004, 08:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Decurio

During the Ralston RQ Renaissance, we had a blast playing with River of Cradles, Sun County (its funny how much sexual innuendo gets slung around when everyone is playing sexually repressed characters;), Shadows on the Borderland, etc...

Anyone know if Issaries has any plans to revisit everyones favorite frontier/wasteland, and let us rampage across Prax?   I realize the current focus of the line seems to be Dragon Pass, but Prax just rocked-Old West meets Sparta meets Amerindians meets Broos ad infinitum...maybe I just miss the loveable sleaze of Pavis.

I would LOVE to see the Cradle scenario written up in HQ terms.
"It is a profitable thing, if one is wise, to appear foolish."
           -Aeschylus

Nick Brooke

Given Issaries' resources and focus, that seems very unlikely to me.

That said, you can pick up the books which contain the old RuneQuest boxed sets Pavis & Big Rubble and (imminently) Borderlands by Moon Design Publications (also from SJG's Warehouse 23; Tradetalk have produced five books of Pavic background and adventures, inc. stats for Hero Wars & HeroQuest; parts of these are available on Issaries' website (Pavis Hero Wars), inc. keywords for Pavisites, Zebra Riders, Sun County, River Folk, etc.

Plus there are Hero Wars versions of the Garhound Contests, Burglary at Raus' House and Temple at Feroda scenarios (originally for RuneQuest) on Issaries' site.

Edit: and it almost goes without saying (which is why I almost let it!) that you'll pick up loads of miscellaneous ideas for the River of Cradles from a Lokarnos trawl under the Pavis, Prax and Sun County topics.

Hope this helps!

Nick
Lokarnos.com
Your index to all the best Gloranthan websites

Moah

I'd also like to add that Multisim made two Hero Wars supplements on Pavis. One on general background infos, and the other the cradle scenario.
Gwenael Tranvouez aka Moah, platypus powaaa!

Nick Brooke

Quote from: MoahI'd also like to add that Multisim made two Hero Wars supplements on Pavis. One on general background infos, and the other the cradle scenario.
Multisim were the French publisher of Hero Wars, but have sadly gone out of business. Their books were (a) beautiful, (b) well organised (the "Hero Wars" / "Glorantha" split was a stroke of genius), and (c) (alas!) in French. I don't know how useful any of this information will be.

Some of the new stuff in Multisim's books fed back to Issaries & Company: bits of the Issaries website's Pavis material and the Tradetalk Pavis books are derived from Multisim's original work and/or conversions from RQ to HW.

Cheers, Nick
Lokarnos.com
Your index to all the best Gloranthan websites

Mark Galeotti

HQ books on both Prax and Pavis are in the works, but you won't see them for some time, I would think. In the mean time, the Moon Designs reprints Nick mentions are indeed fine and sumptuous books.

All the best

Mark
A HREF=http://www.firebird-productions.com/>Mythic Russia: heroism and adventure in the land of the Firebird</A>

Decurio

Hi Mark,

This is a little off topic, but I wasn't sure how best to get in touch with Issaries directly; if Issaries is in need of proofreading, playtesting, what have you (i.e., literary grunt work...as a grad student, I am a little familiar with the concept...), I would be more than happy to volunteer my services.  

Um, free, of course.

Also, keep us posted on Mythic Russia; ever since receiving a book of Russian fairly tales ( I believe that was the title verbatim) from an Uncle a LONG time ago, I have been interested in Russian culture and history.

Just like to say its been a pleasure speaking with the HQ online community; ya'll all rock, even if you don't know it.
"It is a profitable thing, if one is wise, to appear foolish."
           -Aeschylus

Mark Galeotti

Hi Decurio,

QuoteThis is a little off topic, but I wasn't sure how best to get in touch with Issaries directly; if Issaries is in need of proofreading, playtesting, what have you (i.e., literary grunt work...as a grad student, I am a little familiar with the concept...), I would be more than happy to volunteer my services.

Your best bet is to send an email to acquisitions@glorantha.com (until a couple of days this would then have zinged to me, but is generally the best address to flag up that it's a 'can I help' email!)

QuoteAlso, keep us posted on Mythic Russia; ever since receiving a book of Russian fairly tales ( I believe that was the title verbatim) from an Uncle a LONG time ago, I have been interested in Russian culture and history.

Will do! And likewise, if you or anyone else wants to get involved, there are more details on the Firebird website @ http://www.firebird-productions.com including a form to get in touch on the Contacts page.

All the best

Mark
A HREF=http://www.firebird-productions.com/>Mythic Russia: heroism and adventure in the land of the Firebird</A>