News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Diana RPG

Started by Grex, June 27, 2004, 06:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grex

OT, but I can't resist...

It gives me great pleasure to know that this exists:

Diana -- Warrior Princess!

Check it out at http://www.heliograph.com/diana/dianareviews.shtml

Edit: Something went very wrong! This was supposed to be in the "My Life with "Princess" Diana" thread. Ron?
Best regards,
Chris

Ron Edwards

Ha ha! Not my forum, so I don't care what you do. Paul's problem.

Ha HA!

Best,
Ron

Paul Czege

Hey Chris,

Well, seeing as how I did dedicate the Half Meme Press forum as an experimental play labworks...

If you play Diana: Warrior Princess, you have my permission to have the actual play threads in here. I'll even buy the game, read it, and participate in the conversation.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Grex

Hey Paul,

sadly, money's too tight to mention for the time being, but I do have a strong urge to splurge. If I do get my hands on a copy, and if I actually do get to play it, you'll get a write-up -- I just doubt that it will be this summer.
Best regards,
Chris

GB Steve

I've got a copy, with a playtest credit for my wife and me, so I could write something about it. It's a pretty silly game but good fun. Sadly I can't remember much about the game we played as it was some years ago. All I can recall is being Red Ken* and causing trouble for other PCs.

It's actually the first product to correctly give my wife a playtest credit. She has been left off Herowars and Dying Earth, quite a list!

*A political joke lost on non-Londoners.

NickHollingsworth

Are you sure its wise to call Red Ken 'A political joke'. I'm sure he has expensive lawyers.

Cheers,
Nick (taking advantage of the temporary absence of the Topic Police).
Nick Hollingsworth

NickHollingsworth

Actually, having followed the link and looked at the game's site it looks like its crying out to be a freeform LARP. Who could pass up the chance to vanquish evil Thatch.
Nick Hollingsworth

Paul Czege

Did someone say, "Topic Police"? Conversations about Half Meme Press games, as well as http://www.indie-rpgs.com/viewtopic.php?t=7776">experimental actual play (and design) are on topic for the forum. Chatting about and imagining playing the Diana game is, well, not...

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

NickHollingsworth

Our Master Czege rightly admonishes:
QuoteChatting about and imagining playing the Diana game is, well, not...

So to return to MLwM:

The Diana game includes Thatcher; surely a terrifying Master if ever there was one. The minions are trembling members of the cabinet.

My Life with Thatcher would let you relive all those strife torn times when this poor ministers went out to wreak her will on the nation. Then after she falls you all get to deny that you every agreed with the Poll tax but kept quiet because you were afraid of crossing Her.
Nick Hollingsworth

DannyK

My Life with Tony Blair seems very workable, too.  

Watch Tony invade foreign countries, and try to get enough Love from your constituents to be able to topple the government.

Sean

I thought this thread was going to be about the Diana Jones award as some kind of metaphorical 'master'. Got to lay off the coffee.