News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[IGC] Fixing Ice

Started by Christopher Weeks, May 27, 2004, 08:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Christopher WeeksWell, unless I've missed stuff (and I don't think I have) it's been about a month of complete (public) silence from you and Dav about the IGC.
That's mostly true. But the problem is that I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say about it. I'm talking with the contributers individually about their own deadlines, etc, so it's all going fine.

I guess we just need to post, "Still working on it!" somewhere public at regular intervals?

QuoteAlso, I PMed him ages ago (before contacting my artist) about page size so that I could generate art that would fit the publication and haven't yet heard back.
I mentioned to Dav when I saw him at Origins that he needs to check his mail. Which he's doing. Right Dav? :-)

QuoteIf you specifically mean mine, I have 300DPI tiffs, too.
Cool, I think that'll work. But layout is his area.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Christopher Weeks

Quote from: Mike HolmesI guess we just need to post, "Still working on it!" somewhere public at regular intervals?

I think it would be even more valuable if the notes you (both) occasionally post were somewhat like a diary in that you also included what "working on it" actually means in somewhat more concrete terms.

"I've just finished the editing cycle of the 18th game and it looks like we're still on track.  Dav mentioned that his layout monkeys were done with the first four but would be stepping up the pace of things since the deadline is looming.  We've decided not to have a public cover critique like Luke did"

Or whatever.

Chris

Mike Holmes

I had considered getting a yahoo group for this purpose. But it wouldn't really be relevant to the Forge. Hmmmm....

Mike

Christopher Weeks

Publishing games, and the steps inherent in such a project -- particularly games that were developed strictly in conjunction with a Forge project, isn't relevant to the Forge?

I think that your "diary" of updates would be a potentially invaluable resource for the Forge if you were willing to put lots of steps into things and both you and Dav were adding to it substantially as you went.

Chris

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Christopher WeeksI think that your "diary" of updates would be a potentially invaluable resource for the Forge if you were willing to put lots of steps into things and both you and Dav were adding to it substantially as you went.
Sure. And call me selfish, but it's not a project that I'm interested in doing. For one thing, it's really pretty dull. (Day Five: Reread Habakkuk, thought about it some.)

OTOH, much of the stuff is being done in public. There are lots of threads on the games right here in this forum.

Mike