News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Anyone have the revised Magic chapter PDF?

Started by Rattlehead, July 02, 2004, 12:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rattlehead

Hi guys! I have the original printing of the game and if you recall, when the revised edition came out, those with the original version were given a link to a PDF with the revised magic chapter in it. I wasn't playing in a TRoS campaign at that time and had no prospects for playing any time soon, so I didn't get around to downloading it.

Well, now I'm running a game, and I need the new magic rules. Does anyone still have that PDF floating around? If so, I'd love a link to it!

In answer to some obvious questions:

Yes, I know I could get the revised edition of the game. I'd love to, but first I have to feed my family! heh...

Yes, I've asked Jake if he has the file. He doesn't have it any more...

Yes, he has given me permission to ask the forum if anyone has it.

So, if anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've got a sorcerous character among my players and we want to take advantage of the clarified rules. If I recall correctly, the PDF was rather large, so emailing it would be bad, but if someone can give me a link to their copy (via PM or email) then that would be peachy keen!

Thanks in advance!

Brandon
Grooby!

Jake Norwood

actually I found it. I'll send you the link.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Sir Mathodius Black

lol i could actually use that link as well.....sorry for the inconvenience
"God helps those who helps themselves."

Emiricol

Jake Norwood

Ah hell. The link is

www.theriddleofsteel.net/support/sdp.htm

I'm sick of handing it out piecemeal. It is copyrighted, though, so no distribution, yada yada yada.

If your book has a white ARMA logo on the back or red-and-black stitching then you've got the most recent printing (which is just about everyone, since the "first printing" was very, very small.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Prince of Thieves

Quote from: EmiricolHow do I tell which printing I have?

Hi Emiricol, I've got a copy of both printings and heres a strange albeit easy way to tell. If the Table of Contents incorrectly tells you Book 8 starts on Page 215 you have the first printing. It actually starts on page 209 in both printings, but the Contents is corrected on the 2nd printing.
Ironic humor dragged down all the twilight minarets he reared, and the earthy fear of improbability blasted all of the delicate and amazing flowers in his feary gardens.
-H.P. Lovecraft, The Silver Key

Emiricol

Thanks!  I have the second printing.  Whew!