News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Seeking NYC-area playtesters July 9th-11th (D&D tourname

Started by Tav_Behemoth, July 02, 2004, 01:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tav_Behemoth

Fellow Forgers:

Behemoth3 is holding three days of games to help us get ready for the Best Four Days in Gaming! In preparation for the Official Masters and Minions Tournament at Gen Con this August, Sang and I are planning to run the Official Tournament Playtest on July 9th, 10th, and 11th. On three consecutive days, you can accept the commission of the Explorer's Guild and investigate rumors of new monsters associated with the Stirge, Minotaur, and Remorhaz. For more info about the tournament click here, or check out this interview for more about Behemoth3 and Masters and Minions.

We're planning to start at 7 pm Friday (July 9th) and at 2 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Each session will be 4 hours long, with the usual time to get our heads together before and after. We'll be playing in Brooklyn, in a warehouse studio just over the Brooklyn Bridge.

The game will be straight core-rules D&D 3.5, with the addition of the new monsters from the forthcoming Masters and Minions books. Players will start with 3rd level characters in the first round, advance to 9th for the second round, and enter the third round as level 16 heroes. Premade characters will be available, or you can request your own by emailing me with a description that's as simple or detailed as you like ("I want to play a kleptomaniac dwarf, tormented by an inner conflict involving..." or "My spiked-chain fighter has a 16 strength and the following feats..." are both acceptable.) The only limits on characters are that they must be designed using only the core rules with stats bought using 25 points and no multi-classing, and that the actual creation will be done by me (and the HeroForge Excel spreadsheet) so that I can have a record & to make levelling them up easier.

We're looking for a total of 16 players -- Sang and I will each be running a group of eight simultaneously, to cram as much playtest in as little time as possible. Preference will be given to folks who can commit to all three nights in a row, but feel free to respond with the nights you could play even if you can't do the whole thing.

Here's what's in it for y'all:

- Your name in the credits of the Masters and Minions Horde Books 1, 2, and 3 as an Official Tournament Playtester!
- PDF copies of all three books so that you can print as many copies of said credits as you like to show your awe-struck friends and family!
- The option of having the character you designed immortalized as one of the pre-made characters used in the Gen Con tournament!
- Monster killing, monster killing, and more monster killing, interspersed perhaps with being killed by monsters!

Hope some of you can make it.

- Tavis
Masters and Minions: "Immediate, concrete, gameable" - Ken Hite.
Get yours from the creators or finer retail stores everywhere.