News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

mock combat; shields

Started by Deliverator, July 05, 2004, 12:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muggins

Of course, with the styles of sword-and-shield now being advocated by some people, with the shield outstretched and edge on to the opponent, distance makes the front leg much easier to defend, and actually turns the fighting into a much more dynamic event. I have fought against several people using shields of various sizes, and it is a bitch!

James

bergh

I have made rules that if the characters are in a rain of arrows, the bigger shields have a better % save against them, becouse as i see it, when arrows is raining, or you simply count on hiding behind a shield against one or more arrows, then its really only the size of the shield. ie a kind of % save who count. In our group we don't use that you can out dodge arrows in an effective manner really.

also we play with that the extra dice you get when you attack legs when the oppnent has shield, is cancelled with using large kite shield, actually you get -1 dice with using it the legs are the target in our house rules.

We also try to imploy the effectivness when using the kite shield for shield side leg protection when riding a horse. also we house rule that on horse shields are kinda non-active defence mechanism, its rather hard to move a shield on the non-shield side of the horse (ie the side where your weapon is), in a fast and effective manner.

Shields are kinda powerfull in our group, but actually there are manouvers to out-wit over-shield-use. it has worked fine until now, remeber to use the CP modifers for using shields, then you have no problems i think.
Kind regards....

-Brian Bergh
brianbbj@hotmail.com
TRoS .pdf files: http://fflr.dk/tabletop/TROS/