News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[GenCon 2004] The folks who'll be there

Started by Ron Edwards, July 11, 2004, 10:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Snyder

Absolutely! We're booth 1141. I that situates us in the center-rear. It's also somewhat near a concessions stand (according to the map). I actually think that's a good thing for traffic, and it's not so close as to cause problems.

My guess on the Quiet Zone thing was just a guess. The "no-noise ordinance" makes sense. I had no info beyond a line on the convention floor map, which I interpreted as a curtain.

Anyway, our neighbors include Mongoose Publishing. And we're across from Ad Astra Games (of course) who share with Final Sword and TimeLine LTD. Also across the way is a group called Gorilla Games, which I could find nothing about online.

Visit here for full details: http://www.gencon.com/displayindy.aspx?file=indy-exhibit-hall
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

alchemist

Quote from: Ron EdwardsMatt, as I am somewhat foolish, can you post the booth number here please? Dan Ridenhour has been especially patient about that ...

Best,
Ron

Ron,

No problem... I actually looked it up based on 'Adept Press' yesterday on the GenCon site.  But its good to see the same booth number her on the forums confirming my guess. ;-)

Thanks

Dan Ridenhour
Digital Alchemy
Cartoforge
Forging Worlds of Adventures... In The Palm Of Your Hand!
www.cartoforge.com

alchemist

The Digital Alchemy contingent consisting of myself (Dan Ridenhour) and Rick Calvert will be arriving on Wednesday afternoon.  Currently we have reservations at a Super8 (anyone have any suggestions for good places to stay?)

Products
- Cartoforge: Gamemaster for Palm OS*
- Cartoforge: Gamemaster for Windows*
- Cartoforge: Gamemaster Deluxe Edition (Both Palm OS & Windows)*
- Cartoforge: Dungeons
- Some of our older products may be present as well, depending upon stock.

* Denotes products to be (hopefully) released at the convention.

Displays
My Displays consist of 30" wide full color laminated foam core with grommets so they can hang from the back crossbar, and from each other... Ill need a 30" wide vertical space on the back curtain.  Hopefully thats not too big.   Btw if there are folks who havent printed banners yet, this is a great modular way of doing displays.  basically 30x20 sheets of foam core laminated and grommeted on all 4 corners... you can hang them from the top bar or from each other with 'S' hooks.  

Extras
Among other things, my software produces miniature scale maps for use with miniatures in RPGs.  Im planning to make a variety of these maps (as soon as I know the demo table sizes) and bring full color laminated copies for anyone in the booth to use to enhance their demos. Basically cross promotion, make the most of your demos and refer customers who ask about the maps to my software.  if anyone has any requests for what they would like a map of...  PM or email me.

Thanks,

Dan Ridenhour
Digital Alchemy
sales@digital-alchemy.net
Cartoforge
Forging Worlds of Adventures... In The Palm Of Your Hand!
www.cartoforge.com

Mike Holmes

Wow, that does look like a good place to be. Not only the nearby concession stand, but just a few rows north to what looks to be 68 open gaming tables.

Anyone know the deal with those? Is it legal to run demos there?

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Nev the Deranged

I just got confirmation of my rooming situation, so I'm there. I plan to arrive as early as possible Thursday. It's about 4 hours from here, I plan to leave no later than 6am, in my own vehicle. I don't know how long check in will take, not to mention finding my way from there to the Con itself. I'm hoping, with luck, that I will be available to help with anything by Noon on Thursday.

**EDIT** On second thought, if parking near the Con is available, I could show up there and help out as soon as I arrive, since it doesn't really matter when I check in to the hotel. The other people I am staying with will be there by Thursday night, and will have already checked in, so if I can come directly to the Con, I could actually be avilable to help right away and not bother wasting time at the hotel. **/EDIT**

With that in mind, I just need to know where I should go and/or who I should talk to, as far as checking in, finding whomever is in charge, and being put to work.

However, I could be there as early as Wednesday afternoon if I could be assured of a place to sleep for the night and a place to park. If that's available and it would be worthwhile for me to be available to help with setting up on Wednesday, let me know and I will adjust my travel arrangements.

Thanks ^_^ Looking forward to booth monkeying.