News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Is the Annual set in Stone yet? (New Suggestions/wish list)

Started by Bracken, July 12, 2004, 08:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bracken

Hello Abzu,

Sorry I didn't comment earlier, but I had a couple of suggestions about the upcoming BW annual that's supposed to be coming out.

1) New Lifepaths
One of my favorite aspects of BW. I loved the Black Barbarians/Lost Atlanteans, and I'd love to see a few more in the annual.

2) An Alternative Combat Initiative System
I am not a big fan of scripting. I know there are some people that share my view. I have used Claymore's TRoS combat rules   http://www.indie-rpgs.com/viewtopic.php?t=6956 for over a year now in my off and on BW campaign. I'd love to see these rules in book format if you could work it out with Jake Norwood, or if not, come up with a non-abstracted alternative to the scripting system.

I wasn't a big fan of the combat varient system that resolved an entire fight in a single contest, but I'm sure there are others that would. I'd suggest having both systems in the annual.

3) More "World of Burning Wheel Campaign stuff"
Perhaps you have this planned for it's own supplement, but I would be very interested in hearing more about the world that fathered the likes of Von Goten. A brief Gazeteer would be cool and could lead to future supplements detailing the rest of the world (make sure to include a map.)

Hope this helps, when do you expect the annual to hit the streets?

Bracken

Claymore

Glad you still are using my combat rules Bracken (sadly I have not played BW in about 8 months, but I might be gearing up for another run soon, especially with a new supplement coming out!)

For the Annual:
I'd like to see perhaps see some Oriental lifepaths, especially fedual Japanese.

Also, I'd like to see a set of mass combat rules (narative, as opposed to miniatures based.) I don't know about the rest of you, but I could really use something like this in the campaigns I run.

I'd also suggest some new spells but my guess is that they will be held over and included in the Magic Burner.

-Claymore
George
Driftwood Publishing
claymore@theriddleofsteel.net
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com