News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Ropecon books are here!

Started by Eero Tuovinen, July 19, 2004, 01:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eero Tuovinen

The books I ordered for our Ropecon booth arrived in time! Now my kitchen table is full of gaming goodness, oh my. Many thanks to all who bothered to sell their games dirty cheap for Finnish distribution. I'll do my best to represent you in Ropecon. Special thanks to M. J. Young for taking care of gathering, packaging and sending the games.

Quick notes:
- Sorcerer supplements are much sleeker in life than I expected. Their production value is IMO on par with Exalted soft-covers. I've yet to read them, but expect well.
- Elfs is much better than I expected. I could imagine enjoying it myself, despite it practically requiring the players to have at some time taken D&D seriously.
- Universalis rocks. It isn't especially narrativist, though, I wonder where that idea came from. Clearly sim as far as I'm concerned. My kind of sim, 'though.
- The other games are cool, too, I've just read them before.

As far as marketing goes... based on pre-orders, the games will all sell well. I expect that we'll draw quite a bit of attention in Ropecon, what with being the only guys to sell Forge games, the translated MLwM, the new Finnish Kalevala-game Roudan maa and a new collection of the Finnish roleplaying magazine, Magus, to boot. Actually, the lineup is about the best imaginable. Current mood: light.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

M. J. Young

Glad to have helped. Keep us posted.

--M. J. Young