News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Sorcerer Boot Camp? / Forge non-booth events?

Started by Nev the Deranged, August 10, 2004, 09:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nev the Deranged

Wandering around some old threads, I ran across this:

Quote3) You should operate a Sorcerer bootcamp (or something). I wonder: a)if anyone but me would actually attend such a thing, b)how you'd structure it to be effective (RonCon?), and c)if you could actually turn a profit (either directly or in terms of promotion).    

Sounds like another GenCon activity for the upcoming year. I'm serious.

This quote is from '03, and I was curious to know if it ever went anywhere... was there a Sorcerer Boot Camp at GenCon '03? Is there going to be one at GC '04?

And on a related note, besides the booth demos themselves, are there any scheduled demos of Forge games, or Forge-related discussion groups/seminars, or any non-booth Forge activities/events of any kind? If there are existing threads on this please just point me in the right direction. I've been trying to keep up with the GC info here as best I can.

Looking forward to the Con, but more importantly, looking forward to coming home with my head on fire. ^_^

Keith Senkowski

Hi,

At DemonCon III (impresive sounding I know) ROn ran through the Boot Camp.  I think he plans on running it at GenCon this year, but you will have to ask him.

As to other scheduled events, I don't know of any.

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Christopher Weeks

I wrote that suggestion after GenCon '03 so there wasn't any such thing last year.

Chris

Ron Edwards

Hiya,

My time is a bit limited for GenCon prep this year, and I hope to be able to have new demos at all. But ... I'd really like to do the Boot Camp, though. The preliminary version at DemonCon was a lot of fun and very educational, apparently.

I'd always planned it as a paid event. A couple hours of my time in intensive Sorcerer-training is worth money, I think, especially if I bring worksheets and a packet and all sorts of things that can be written in and taken home.

So maybe what I'll do is prep it to the best of my ability in the limited time, then set up a signup sheet for Sunday.

Best,
Ron