News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Chapter 13 Press] Spookybeans! The Gothic Comic RPG

Started by Dregg, June 10, 2004, 11:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dregg

I'm posting the rules for this free RPG i'm working on to get some feed back. It's going to be a simple 10 page RPG based on the comics by Roman Dirge, Johnen Vasquez and Jill Thompson.
It is a Work in Progress...
I want a simple Dice Mechanic and I'm hoping thats what I have done. I would really appreciate any opinions, comments, hate mail eccetera.

Thank in advance

Spookybeans! can be found here
http://chapter13press.com/Spookybeans.doc
J. Carpio "Dregg"
Gaming Coordinator I-CON (iconsf.org)
Chapter 13 Press co founder(www.chapter13press.com)
Column Writer "Lights, Camera, Action!" (silven.com)

ethan_greer

Cute! I like the stats and such. And for dice mechanics I'm a big fan of 2d6.

Suggestion: "Skulls" comes up on 2d6 a little less than 3% of the time. You might consider switching to d12, and giving an Oooooh point on a roll of 1 (a little better than 8% chance). Or, whenever a 1 comes up on either d6 (a 30% chance) or whenever someone rolls doubles (a 16% chance). Basically, I think earning an Oooooh point should be more common.

Dregg

Quote from: ethan_greerCute! I like the stats and such. And for dice mechanics I'm a big fan of 2d6.

Suggestion: "Skulls" comes up on 2d6 a little less than 3% of the time. You might consider switching to d12, and giving an Oooooh point on a roll of 1 (a little better than 8% chance). Or, whenever a 1 comes up on either d6 (a 30% chance) or whenever someone rolls doubles (a 16% chance). Basically, I think earning an Oooooh point should be more common.

Thanks Ethan,
I think you a problably right, Oooooh should be a more common happening, but I do need to have a gloom with double 6's
Here's a thought
What if Double Evens is a Skull and Double odds is a Gloom?
It evens out the tides and gives better chances for both.
Thoughts?
J. Carpio "Dregg"
Gaming Coordinator I-CON (iconsf.org)
Chapter 13 Press co founder(www.chapter13press.com)
Column Writer "Lights, Camera, Action!" (silven.com)

ethan_greer

Oh, yeah, Glooms. I forgot about them... Yeah, I think that's a good solution - double evens/odds for Skulls and Glooms.

Juicetyger

Intriguing!  Would you consider posting it on 1KM1KT?
1KM1KT - Online Publishing for Free RPGs
one thousand monkeys, one thousand typewriters
http://1km1kt.net

sirogit

Hey, this looks really neat.

Personally, I think you could do more with it than 10 pages... maybe 20?

Also, I don't see where you use Noogies.

Personally, I think you could have just Scrap be the all-purpose combat trait. Is there a specific reason you want to differentiate between offensive and defensive ability?