News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Future

Started by deltadave, July 23, 2004, 07:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deltadave

Given that Jake is out of things for the next year and a half, are there any plans in place for order fulfillment and new material?  Is it worth discussing or is Driftwood dead for the duration?
Deltadave
Whatever hits the fan
will not be equally distributed.

Brian Leybourne

Not at all. Keep watching this space.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Tywin Lannister

Will anyone handle adding Internet content to the official website? I have a PDF sourcebook for Weyrth in the making (with Jake's agreement).
The trees bend their boughs towards the earth and nighttime birds float as black faces.

Claymore

Quote from: Tywin LannisterWill anyone handle adding Internet content to the official website? I have a PDF sourcebook for Weyrth in the making (with Jake's agreement).

I did not a see a copy of that with the stuff Jake has sent us. You can send that over to me at claymore@theriddleofsteel.net
George
Driftwood Publishing
claymore@theriddleofsteel.net
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com

Edge

hey just a quick question.. are mini-sups still going to be supported??

Claymore

Quote from: Edgehey just a quick question.. are mini-sups still going to be supported??

We are not sure as of yet.

We are looking for authors of a few in-house supplements we have planned for 2005, but I won't have information on this until the end of the week.
George
Driftwood Publishing
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com

Ashren Va'Hale

you could simply give fans permission to publish mods and mini-supps and host them on the web page, unless its really good then you could sell them as PDF supps and give the author a share of the net profit...

Thats what I would do at least.
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

Claymore

Quote from: Ashren Va'Haleyou could simply give fans permission to publish mods and mini-supps and host them on the web page, unless its really good then you could sell them as PDF supps and give the author a share of the net profit...

Thats what I would do at least.

That goes without saying. We will have an internet policy drafted in the near future, but essentially, as long as the material is new (i.e. doesn't repeat material published by us without our permission), and is offered free of charge, it's fine to post it on your own website, as long as the Riddle of Steel is owned by Driftwood Publishing blurb is put on. We would also appreciate a link to our site.

As for us publishing pdfs, it's certainly a possibility, depending on the quality of the product produced. Please contact seneschal@theriddleofsteel.net with any submissions you have.
George
Driftwood Publishing
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com

Edge

yeah i was just asking as i have been working on Katanapunk with Jase and was wondering on the future of such products

Claymore

Quote from: Edgeyeah i was just asking as i have been working on Katanapunk with Jase and was wondering on the future of such products

Have him send an email over to claymore@theriddleofsteel.net
I think we should be able to work something out :-)
George
Driftwood Publishing
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com