News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Riddle of Blood

Started by Judd, August 01, 2004, 06:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaare Berg

The answer I was hoping for,

it was just quotes like these:

QuoteAs long as your vampiric sate is not made public, you can walk among mortal nobility for a time but eventually someone will uncover your heritage.

...and...

Your title is not recognized by mortal society but through pomp and circumstance might convince mortals that you are in fact a knight for a time, until they see your lack of reflection.

that confused me a bit.

I'loved it for the image of a vampire kingdom, where the serfs cover in fear and great wooden roofs have been built over city streets too keep the accursed sun away. And the players walking tall as lords of life and death rooting out those who would destroy them as well as politcal enemies, and renegade vampires.

So I was just a bit disapointed at this ambiguity, that's all. (gues like most people I am tired of the Masqurade.)

K
-K

Judd

I'm thinking that there were kingdoms that really took the brunt of the War of the Dead and they are staunch vampire haters.  other more lands with more mercenary rulers might have diplomatic ties to vampire princeapalities.

Hopefully, there will be a flavor that fits ya.

If you want to do the proud vampire or the hiding and hunted, it'll be available.

Deliverator

Quote from: NegilentThe answer I was hoping for,

it was just quotes like these:

QuoteAs long as your vampiric sate is not made public, you can walk among mortal nobility for a time but eventually someone will uncover your heritage.

...and...

Your title is not recognized by mortal society but through pomp and circumstance might convince mortals that you are in fact a knight for a time, until they see your lack of reflection.

that confused me a bit.

I'loved it for the image of a vampire kingdom, where the serfs cover in fear and great wooden roofs have been built over city streets too keep the accursed sun away. And the players walking tall as lords of life and death rooting out those who would destroy them as well as politcal enemies, and renegade vampires.

So I was just a bit disapointed at this ambiguity, that's all. (gues like most people I am tired of the Masqurade.)

K

Sounds like what you're looking for is more like Ravenloft.  :-)

Matt
The Deliverator belongs to an elite order, a hallowed subcategory.

-Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Kaare Berg

Naw, its not really Ravenloft (this idea is better) but before I derail Paka's post let me stop this train of thought. Leaving  

Just a bit of curiosity though . . .

Quote from: PakaThere will be places where vampire characters would be able to be blatantly vampires and do their thing at will. No doubt.

Guess what I am trying to do is to influence you to narrow your focus, find one image and build on this and then leave the options there for future exploration. BUT:

This is your baby!

I am just trying to help.

Quote from: PakaThere are also dangerous kingdoms that just defeated the vampire armies at Danubian Fields who are on the lookout for the remnants of the undead hordes

What has stopped the human kingdoms and the grand inquisitor for frogmarching all over the weakened vampire kingdom(s)? Geography? Unravelling alliances?

Also to futher distract you.

The vagracies, what is the power-level you are looking for here?
Classic TROS or something more low-key?

K
-K

Judd

Negilent,

I know this is my baby and I'm not trying to make a setting to please everyone at once.  It'll be a fantasy vampire setting, a bit pulp fantasy vampire.

The War of the Dead was rough on the human kingdoms too and they are also recovering.  Hence, no frogmarching.

The Vagaries are a big part of the game that I have to work on more.  I'll letcha know what I come up with once I have something on a Word file.

Thanks for the questions.