News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Have you used the Clan Profile?

Started by Peter Nordstrand, June 13, 2004, 02:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo Pampalone

Hi all, last night I and my wife have used the clan generator to make a clan for the Orlanthi character she was making.
Being I and she relatively new to Glorantha, we was dazled by the Exile question near the end of the questionarie. If the clan is exiled then how it can stay in Dragon Pass? There are some Lunar  force that want drive the clan off the zone? I'm missing something?

Please, someone can be so kind to clarify this matter.
Thanks Angelo.
Angelo Pampalone

Thor Olavsrud

Quote from: angelopampaloneHi all, last night I and my wife have used the clan generator to make a clan for the Orlanthi character she was making.
Being I and she relatively new to Glorantha, we was dazled by the Exile question near the end of the questionarie. If the clan is exiled then how it can stay in Dragon Pass? There are some Lunar  force that want drive the clan off the zone? I'm missing something?

Please, someone can be so kind to clarify this matter.
Thanks Angelo.

Hi Angelo,

Off the top of my head, I believe that question only applies to weaponthanes and warriors that ran off to join the rebellion. The whole clan didn't go.  If you choose exile, it means that many of your best weaponthanes and warriors are gone, leaving you weak militarily. You probably recruited new ones, of course, but they likely lack the experience of those you lost.

However, the exiles aren't dead. It is quite likely that they are at Whitewall, or perhaps moving secretly through Dragon Pass on missions for the rebellion. They can be an "in" if you want to start involving your players with the rebellion.

Angelo Pampalone

Quote from: Thor OlavsrudOff the top of my head, I believe that question only applies to weaponthanes and warriors that ran off to join the rebellion. The whole clan didn't go.  If you choose exile, it means that many of your best weaponthanes and warriors are gone, leaving you weak militarily. You probably recruited new ones, of course, but they likely lack the experience of those you lost.

However, the exiles aren't dead. It is quite likely that they are at Whitewall, or perhaps moving secretly through Dragon Pass on missions for the rebellion. They can be an "in" if you want to start involving your players with the rebellion.

Very cool. This open a great array of possibility with the exiled people.
Helping/shelting/give refornment or support its. The character can even be an exiled or have some dear friend in exile! This can make some intessing story
Angelo Pampalone

Thor Olavsrud

Quote from: angelopampaloneVery cool. This open a great array of possibility with the exiled people.
Helping/shelting/give refornment or support its. The character can even be an exiled or have some dear friend in exile! This can make some intessing story

Yep. And don't forget Lunar reprisals if the exiles are found or caught operating in Dragon Pass. Or raids for suspicion of aiding the rebels. Or intensive searches of your Tula on suspicion of harboring the fugitives.

cheers!