News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Marking/Linking to a Particular Post: Shortcuts?

Started by Andy Kitkowski, August 06, 2004, 04:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Kitkowski

I find that this is often the case:

I want to link to a particular POST by another person (rather than an entire thread), in a way that will take you right to that page, and put that post right smack in the middle of the screen (instead of saying "Go HERE and look for the 5th post by Matt").

So I was wondering how, in phpBB, it would be possible to do this?  I can pop up a link to a particular post if I do a search for a topic, then click on the post that displays the search results.  Does anyone know a fast way, upon skimming a thread, that I can find a post that I want to link to, Determine the Post Number that it is, and then make a link that points someone to that post?

Does this make any sense?

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

ScottM

Right click on the paper icon to the left of Posted: Fri... icon.  Select "copy link location" or the like... when you paste it'll spit out a code like http://www.indie-rpgs.com/viewtopic.php?p=131315#131315, which hops to that exact post, instead of the thread generally.

Scott
Hey, I'm Scott Martin. I sometimes scribble over on my blog, llamafodder. Some good threads are here: RPG styles.

Andy Kitkowski

Let it be promulgated from the Shallow Hills of Klaath to the Mountain Kingdoms of the Ancient Dualdrar:

Scott is Good.
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.