News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[GenCon 2004] Contact information and showing up

Started by Ron Edwards, August 09, 2004, 05:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Hello,

It's coming close to the time when we need to designate contact people for various times at GenCon, so people who show up know they can get in touch.

I don't want people to post cell phone numbers here, but we can use this space for volunteering and making it clear who's going to be on point at what times.

The key times are Wednesday afternoon, Wednesday evening, and Thursday morning.

Can anyone commit to having their cell phone on and being in the following places? At least two people would be good for each.

Wednesday afternoon: helping set up the booth

Wednesday evening: dinner with other Forge folks and then, later, at the Diana Jones award ceremony

Thursday morning: helping prep the booth well before exhibit-opening time, as well as being at the booth after the hall opens

Once we get the volunteers, then I'll contact all the booth-folks by email and disseminate the cell phone numbers.

Here are a couple of other points about this process.

1. Hotel accomodations are your worry, not a booth thing at all. Make sure that you can contact the person who reserved your rooms for you, if you're sharing.

2. Don't get bent out of shape about badges yet. If all goes well, you'll be able to pick up your badge via Adept Press at the exhibitor booth; if not, you can contact me via the cell-phone thing and we'll take it from there. I'll post more info about badge stuff as the con draws nearer.

I think that'll do it for now ... any questions, or whatever? And volunteers?

Best,
Ron

Matt Snyder

Ron,

I will commit to being available by cell phone starting Wednesday evening (actually the phone is my friend Flash's - he's is a Forge lurker and will be a booth monkey), when I'll arrive in Indy. I planned on eating dinner w/ fellow Forgers and attending the Diana Jones gig anyway! We will then gladly help set up the booth early.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Keith Senkowski

Hi,

Ron what time in the afternoon.  I'll be leaving Chicago around 12 noon so I could be available in the afternoon depending upon the time.  Otherwise I'll be there Wednesday night and Thursday with my mobile technology with which I have a love hate relationship.  Therefore I volunteer my skillz.

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Matt Gwinn

Ron,
Janet and I will be arriving on Tuesday.  We won't be able to get into the exhibitor's hall, so don't know how useful we will be.  We're looking forward to dinner and the Diana Jones awards though.

We didn't get exhibitor badges this year, due to Gencon being our honeymoon and all, but we're still willing to help out when we have the chance.  Just let me know if there's anything you need from us.  If you could somehow arrange for us to trade in our regular badges for exhibitor badges with minimal difficulty we'd be more than willing to help with setup on wednesday.

,Matt
Kayfabe: The Inside Wrestling Game
On sale now at
www.errantknightgames.com

Andy Kitkowski

Hi Ron- I do not have a cell phone, but am planning on:

1) Arriving at the airport on Wednesday at around 10AM, and coming straight to GenCon after that (as I won't be able to get into my room until after 12 anyway).

2) Wed Afternoon, Evening I will be with the Forge crew, working like a good servitor ant. At some point, when Ralph shows up, I'll be running back to the hotel to drop off my stuff and freshen up.

3) Thursday morning: I'm there. I'll be there for the rest of the Con, too.

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Jürgen Mayer

I'm arriving in Indy tuesday evening and will be available for booth setup and all other preparations as soon as you're there. I'm planning on deconstructing the Diana Jones pyramid even more this year, so I'll be at the Diana Jones ceremony for sure. Also mark me down for wednesday evening dinner and thursday morning booth ninjaing (hey! a new word!)

In order to prevent everyone's phone bills from reaching staggering heights due to USA-Europe-USA-roaming, I'm leaving my cell phone at home.
Jürgen Mayer
Disaster Machine Productions
http://disastermachine.com

Nev the Deranged

How early Thursday morning are you needing people? I currently plan to leave around 4am Thursday morning, and depending on traffic (which I have been given to understand is the stuff of hellish legend between Chitown and Indy) which I am hoping to leave early enough to miss, I should arrive around 8am at the convention center. So if that's early enough, count me in.

I'm bummed about missing the awards ceremonies tho... if I'd known stuff was going to be happening Wednesday I'd have taken an extra day off =/ Oh well, there's always next year ^_^

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Although I appreciate everyone's posts so far, I am not seeing what I need to know within the next 72 hours.

Wednesday 1:00 - 5:00 PM. Two cell phones needed.
Matt Snyder's pal fills one slot

Wednesday 5:00 - 9:00 PM. Two cell phones needed. (after that, you're on your own)
Keith (Bob Goat) fills one slot

Thursday 8:00 - 12:00 PM. Two cell phones needed.

Thursday 12:00 - 6:00 PM. Two cell phones needed.

I need those slots filled. If you aren't a cell phone person, then I blow you heartfelt kisses, but this thread does not need your info about when you'll arrive. Cell phone people, please post and take slots.

Once the slots are full, I'll need each cell-person to email me their phone number, which will then be sent out to all of the companies and booth-folks participating at the booth.

Best,
Ron

Keith Senkowski

Hi,

Ron I can also fill the slot for Thursday Afternoon too.  I have nowhere else to be...  You should have my number from my purchase of my little corner of booth heaven.  If not it is 847-302-8614.  I am not concerned about prank calls.  Once my jagg-off friend left me a 30 minute drunken reading of the Pokey Little Puppy which I was forced to listen to because my phone sucks and won't delete messages mid spew.

This moment of useless information from Keith Senkowski is brought to you by the Letter R.

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Ron Edwards

Ha! Now I know whom to call when such urges overtake me.

Anyway, Keith, I'd actually like to spread the responsibility around more people rather than peg you as the phone-guy all day. It really can be a pain in the ass, especially on Thursday.

So other people, speak up please.

Best,
Ron

smokewolf

Hell, I guess its as good a way to meet people as any. We can take the Thursday afternoon slots. I am volunteering my buddy Andy as well. Thats two cell phones.
Keith Taylor
93 Games Studio
www.93gamesstudio.com

As Real As It Gets

Matt Snyder

To clarify, I will likely not arrive in Indianapolis until about 5:00 p.m. or thereabouts. So, my pal's cell will not be available for that first slot.

It WILL BE AVAILABLE for the subsequent slots.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Nev the Deranged

I mistook the aim of this thread, my apologies. As I will be transporting another person, and also because I am not 100% certain of my cell provider's service areas, I withdraw my eligibility for this task. Sorry for the confusion!

Ron Edwards

Hello,

As it stands:

Wednesday 1:00 - 5:00 PM. Two cell phones needed.

Wednesday 5:00 - 9:00 PM.

Thursday 8:00 - 12:00 PM. Two cell phones needed.

Thursday 12:00 - 6:00 PM. Two cell phones needed.

Please volunteer, people. I am not going to let one or two people carry the weight on this one. I know there are more cell phones out there. That Wednesday-afternoon period is especially important.

Best,
Ron

smokewolf

Ron,

Did you not get the cell#'s for me and Andy? We got Thurs Afternoon. We aint leaving until they kick us out.
Keith Taylor
93 Games Studio
www.93gamesstudio.com

As Real As It Gets