News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Gen Con extras

Started by Valamir, July 13, 2004, 07:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valamir

Important Discovery

The Sharp website found here:  http://www.sharpusa.com/files/cas_man_XEA202.pdf

has a PDF of the XE-A202 manual complete with keyboard layout examples and walkthroughs and the like.

I still plan on creating a cheat sheet for use in the booth, but those planning to be cashiers can get a head start with the PDF.

Its 108 pages, but the important pages for operator purposes are:

11-18: Basic Sales entry
21-22: Discounts and Premiums
25-26: Corrections
57-60: Printing Sales Reports by Department, PLU, or hour
61:  Manager Level Corrections
62-66: Replacing Paper Roll/Jams and removing cash drawer

The rest of the manual is pretty much programming it or other languages.

lumpley

lumpley games:
Dogs in the Vineyard: $18.
kill puppies for satan & cockroach souffle (set): $15.
kill puppies for satan (single): $10.
cockroach souffle (single): $6.

I might not actually have any singles of puppies or the cockroach thing, but if I do, that's how much.

-Vincent

Valamir

More Updates:

1) Programming the discounts in as a product with a negative price won't work after all.  Good idea, but the programming won't accept negative prices.  Fortuneately free entering dollar discounts is pretty easy and they can be linked directly to a department (company) so it should still work out fine.  

%age discounts are a pain in the ass because they depend on hitting the discount in just the right place when ringing things up so that only the desired items get the discount.  There will be no %age based discounts made at the Forge booth  If you want to give a %age off, you do the math and report the dollar discount to the cashier.

2) The Forge Logo (as it appears above) will print at the top of every register receipt.  Its a monochrome low res BMP (and I had to do some pixel edits to clean it up) but it looks pretty cool.  The web url will print below it.

3) I have product information for everyone except Incarnadine and Custom Built.  Free beer will accrue to me at the rate of 1 per day starting with Saturday.  You don't even want to know the penalty for waiting till Wednesday.

Michael Miller and Gordon Landis, this means you

Edit:  Michael reminds me he has already sent me his info, so I am unfortuneately unable to extort any free beer from him...